Dr. Hank Pym - T-34 Russian Tank Keychain Build - Ant-Man

Replace the barrel with a bit of tubing socketed into another 'telescoping' section that is drilled all the way through the turret. Pack the turret space with epoxy putty. If only mounted in a shallow socket, then it could rip out the entire mounting area. Also, turn the turret to face aft so the barrel is over the engine deck (sort of a 'travel lock position'.)
R/ Robert

I was inspired by your thread so I went out and tried to find a T34 and found this one on EBay for $9: Zylmex T413 T34 RUSSIAN DIECAST TANK - 1:87

I hope the scale works okay but it's small for the pocket and die-cast durable. Great work on yours so far. I need to get a post, keychain and work on the decals next.

tank.jpg

tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the right version (of the tank, I mean... IIRC, earlier versions had smaller turrets??)

Don't want to put a damper on you, just curious (trying to remember what was in the movie...)
Regards, Robert

I was inspired by your thread so I went out and tried to find a T34 and found this one on EBay for $9: Zylmex T413 T34 RUSSIAN DIECAST TANK - 1:87

I hope the scale works okay but it's small for the pocket and die-cast durable. Great work on yours so far. I need to get a post, keychain and work on the decals next.

View attachment 511399

Is that the right version (of the tank, I mean... IIRC, earlier versions had smaller turrets??)

Don't want to put a damper on you, just curious (trying to remember what was in the movie...)
Regards, Robert

Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 2.49.09 PM.png
Here's a picture of the tank from the movie, from this vantage point it's hard for me to tell. Once the movie comes out on Blu-Ray we can all get a really good look at it and make changes.

The model I got off amazon has a short barrel but, that can easily be changed.

One thing to note is the tank in the movie has those extra tubes on the sides, fuel tanks? The plastic model does not have those.

Oh, that is a definite match to the 'full size' tank. Now, did the movie have proper continuity or did they switch variants between the keychain and the real tank? I Googled for a pic of the keychain from the movie but failed to find one... as if it even really mattered! ;^P

Regards, Robert

Oh, that is a definite match to the 'full size' tank. Now, did the movie have proper continuity or did they switch variants between the keychain and the real tank? I Googled for a pic of the keychain from the movie but failed to find one... as if it even really mattered! ;^P

Regards, Robert

Yeah there has been no screenshots of the key chain that I know of, it's all off memory for me for the few seconds I saw it on screen. Once the blu-ray comes out I bet we'll see some shots of it.

The Zymex T-35/85 is the correct version of the tank in the film. When I saw the keychain, I thought that they were using the Zymex model - I am holding said model in my hand as I type. The markings (the # and star) on the real tank are not the same as the Zymex model. The question is, is the # on the keychain the same as the number on the tank when it busts out of the building?

I should think no one would notice if the # changed.

Don't know if these low quality images will help but I wanted to share them anyway
View attachment 514182View attachment 514181

Yes that helps a lot, look at the long barrel on it, and they keychain piece. The "snake" part is longer than the ones I got off amazon. And also I put the star in the wrong place on mine.

Can anybody identify those keys? I don't know all that much about skeleton keys.

The Zymex T-35/85 is the correct version of the tank in the film. When I saw the keychain, I thought that they were using the Zymex model - I am holding said model in my hand as I type. The markings (the # and star) on the real tank are not the same as the Zymex model. The question is, is the # on the keychain the same as the number on the tank when it busts out of the building?

Are those out of production?

15MM wargamming is about the same scale, you can pin that barrel with a .5mm pin vise and a paper clip then secure with a spot of resin or epoxy in the turret will make it way more durable.

Yes it does have a longer barrel because it is not the common 76mm gun on a lot of t34's but it is the 85mm S-31 also seen on tanks like the KV-85 this tank is specifically called the T-34-85 because the gun on it was far beyond its time and it could be mounted on its heavy tank brethren like the kv-1 and the kv-2. BTW daniel ur model is looking great

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back