Dr. Doom Costume - FINISHED!

cblackthorne

Hello,

I have been wanting to start this costume for some time, but have not had much luck finding a good mask to start the project.

Luckily I found 4th Wall Design's Dr. Doom mask and now I can begin.

The mask arrived last week. Today I found the cloth Im going to use for the cloak and tunic.

Here is where Im going to begin...

c6fd6e7c.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Dr. Doom Costume

Oh COOL! I love Dr. Doom - do the absolute best job you can, mate - there aren't enough people out there giving Doom his due.

I feel like the cloak should be a heavy wool or something.

I've also always wanted to see Doom's mask with some scratches, dents and a little bit of rust in it. I don't think Doom would be a terribly hygienic person.

N.

what kind of cloth are you using for the tunic?

Its cotton/polyester suit material to make it machine washable. Since its suit material it will have that stiff business look but be lighter than wool.

I have used the same material on a Cobra Commander and Darth Vader and it works very weill. It also doesnt have the cheap $2 a yard appearance. :)

I hope to have the cloak and tunic done this weekend so I will post pictures next week.

Regards,
Chris

nice, I gotta keep working on mine, im having a hard time finding resin for my pep mask

Its been a while since I did an update on my Dr. Doom project. Here are some pictures from the latest progress.

I have almost finished the gauntlets. I copied a set of late period medieval finger gauntlets and vacuum formed these:

0c9a2f43.jpg

I have also built a set of sabatons:
2b14b8df.jpg

The arms are almost complete:
1521abae.jpg

Completion looks promising for Planet ComicCon.

Regards,
Chris

I have finished my Dr. Doom.

All the pieces, except for the mask, were made by me including the softparts. Many of the pieces are patterned after late period medieval armor with a modern sci fi twist. The photos make it look more silver than it is in person. The armor has more of a automotive gloss to it then the pictures make it appear.

The gauntlets, for example, were vaccuum formed from a set of 15th century finger gauntlets.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Any feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.

100_0895Small.jpg

100_0894Small.jpg

100_0893Small.jpg

100_0892Small.jpg

100_0891Small.jpg

100_0890Small.jpg

100_0889Small.jpg

Regards,
Chris

Not seeing a holster with a broomhandle mauser poking up from it...

Looking good! One of these days I am going to have to do a Doom build. It's been on my to do list for freakin ever and I still haven't even remotely started.

Chris

Wow, nicely done! Always a sucker for a decent Doom build. Now you just need some similarly epic pics to do justice.:cool

BTW, no complaints here if you ever decide to do an armour tutorial *hint hint*.

Wow, nicely done! Always a sucker for a decent Doom build. Now you just need some similarly epic pics to do justice.:cool

BTW, no complaints here if you ever decide to do an armour tutorial *hint hint*.

Thanks for the feedback!

What kind of information would you want to see in an armour tutorial? What kind of instructions would be helpful?

Regards,
Chris

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back