DOJ Batarang Templates

nogga_nootch

Having a quiet afternoon at work so drew up some templates for the new batarangs in Autocad

comic con and trailer screenshots used as references.

Scale wise they're drawn to what I thought would be comfortable for the hand, larger one is 20cm from bottom point to point, smaller is 15cm, pm me with your email if you want the file, I have the ref pics as well to work from when sanding etc.

Obviously you'll need Autocad to print them to a correct scale/resize.

DOJ_zpswrkeb4il.jpg

Funny, I just drew them up in Illustrator last night as well. Though, from the few SDCC ref I have I presumed the 2 were the same size, at about 8" in width.

Funny, I just drew them up in Illustrator last night as well. Though, from the few SDCC ref I have I presumed the 2 were the same size, at about 8" in width.

They may well be, I was just applying my train of thought to Nolans trilogy of having different sizes.

But people can rescale these to whatever size they desire.

Nogga, what would you say the thickness of the batarangs are for both the 20 cm and 15 cm? I was thinking of free handing a Styrofoam mold and using that as a base to mold some aluminum. I would like to use the same process in the video. Also, any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the smaller one looks quite thick in the comic con pics, My guess would be about 7 or 8mm, possibly even a bit thicker from how steep the beveled edges are. Untill I get some free time and get around to actually trying to make one myself its a bit hard to judge.

hi chief, liking the design. I've just run through it myself, and altered the measurements slightly to match printer specs etc. Wont be as accurate as yours, but heres a render. Not that I'm trying to hi-jack of course, but no point in a separate thread. I made it 8mm thick - to be honest, it does look a bit too bulky.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bvs001_batarang_render.PNG
    bvs001_batarang_render.PNG
    222.5 KB · Views: 1,419
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back