Dogs Custom Predator.

Hey Guys...NO, The foam is Cheap Open-cell Furniture foam. It is very light, soft and flexible. The Lines are marked out with a process called "pressing"

I use liquid latex to do the body suit. No other glues or sealers. Just Liquid Latex.

Pressing process for muscle lines, striations etc.

1. I cut large muscle groups together as one piece and glue it to the Body Suit with a thin coat of liquid latex. Ex. I cut the Abs and chest in one piece of foam.

2. I then draw out the muscle lines on the foam, matching the forms shape etc.

3. I take a scalpel and cut along the muscle lines on the foam as deep as I can WITHOUT CUTING THE UNDER SUIT of course. I only work a couple of muscles at a time.

4. I paint in latex to these cuts, making sure I get right to the bottom of the cut and also right to the top edges of the foam. I Then dry this with a blow drier.

5. I take a flat stick and roll the top edge of the cut down into the bottom of the cut and "PRESS" down quite firmly.

What happens - The open cell foam takes in the latex, once 90% dry, if you press the foam together it COLLAPSES the cells in the foam and remains in this state - glued together permanently. Its this COLLAPSING of the cells that give you your lines :)

I know that sounds kinda weird so I will try and post a quick vid later today to show you the process!!

Cheers team!

Last edited:
IMG_4872 2.JPG comin on :)

IMG_4872 2.JPG

IMG_5335.jpg So I did a quick fit test on the PRED suit to check the fit and so far so good. Some have asked how I will be finishing the seams etc.

I use a Latex thickener called Dragon Snot here in NZ I mix this into the liquid latex until it is like a paste a little thicker than tooth paste. I then "pipe" this into the seams using a large syringe and them smooth over using a popsicle stick.....might be time for another quick vid lol! I will post an update on this and how it looks soon. Go hard brothers!

Hey Team! Well its been a while since I posted, but good news, I have settled my Pred Mask Sculpt! So here she is. Let me know your thoughts good AND bad.

It is VERY different from my original design. As I thought more about Enthu's Character I wanted to add a Queen Alien Feature to him as if he has had some body modification to show his position and profession. I turned the Horns in to a Comb and shaped it to give a nod to the Queen Aliens Head piece...I think it works ??

The Talons and Teeth are done and were pre-fitted then removed, I just have plugs in right now in readiness of the Mold process. I have made Magnetic sockets for these to sit in, that way I can make and fit a range of teeth/talons types and shapes, changing his look. I will show you these in detail once I have a physical mask to show them in.

The Mold will be Ultracal, why use anything else? And I think at this point will probably be 3 pieces.

I will also design the Mold to be a slush AND Core Mold. This will allow me to cast an open form mask in latex as well as a form fitted Mask in Silicone. I will take pics of building the mold.

Pretty happy so far, lets see how the Mold goes :)

Last edited:
Have to agree with shogun, amazing textures! Though I personally miss the spike crown you had. It was quite unique and aggressive looking, this is more regal but timid ... just my thoughts though also interesting to see the shift from four upper teeth to two(y)

LunaticNic I totally agree mate regarding the spiked version and I loved it also, but dont worry I have another character developing for that version and a few refinements regarding the crown ;) "Desert Based" was a term Wreav used that made me keep that design for a different Version.

I imagine, I will build up quiet a collection lol! Thanks man!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back