Does Disney just not care about all the unlicensed Etsy, Ebay, etc stores?

I find it funny.. how they 'pick and choose' (so to speak)..

I mean arguable.. the Star Wars secen is one of the largest.. and there are SEVERAL very big names who have made a living out making replicas..

Not to mention SaberFont (spit) who sells sound fonts (90% of the time directly ripped from movies, cartoons, video game IP).. and they havent gotten a C&D.. they have been active for YEARS... each of the 'font makers' making up to thousands a month!! (I know for a fact) ;)

but they go after a few baby yoda's and cap shields?

very odd how they 'decide' these things..

I find it funny.. how they 'pick and choose' (so to speak)..

I mean arguable.. the Star Wars secen is one of the largest.. and there are SEVERAL very big names who have made a living out making replicas..
If its OT stuff and they work out of the UK Disney got less chances to slap them. They got a lesson teached by AA with regards to the OT stormies.

I believe Lucasfilm still utilizes the 501st for events and people from other clubs like the R2 builders. They like having the dedicated base of experts with access to high quality replicas. Many of those are not licensed.

Producing unlicensed toys are different. I would think they are more likely to go after that.

Of course in some instances they may not even know about them until they are pointed out in forums like this that are not closed to the general public. We all know that places like the RPF are monitored by the big studios and we only get by with what we do because for the most part we are too small to go after but start getting too big and you may hear from them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back