Does anyone recognize this filter?

andy19422

Sr Member
I am trying to track down the real life part that was used as the Goa'uld wall lights on Stargate SG1, I think they are some kind of water filter. The ones in the show were cut in halve

Here is another pic of it uncut, you can see that it still has the word inlet on the end, it is also painted silver so I am wondering if it was ever used in SGU. The length is about 100"

The SG1 prop is lit by a Fluorescent tube which shines through the grills on the sides so could it have originally been used like this as a UV water filter?

I wouldn't have guessed filter. Just going by these images (I'm not a Stargate fan), I would guess it's a diffuser, possibly also with safety guard function. The curve of the wider segments suggests to me that it might cover a long rotating shaft with multiple "squirrel cage" style centrifugal impellers. I can't think of any reason to build such a design, though. Also, there doesn't seem to be any indication of what fluid it was used with (water, air, or something else).

It kinda reminds me of some septic system leeching field parts. The ones I saw were more rounded, but I'm sure different manufacturers have their own designs.

I think Duncanator Is right. looked around found these. just nothing spot on.

g_eq36quickcut.jpgInfiltrator-Eq36.jpg

When I moved out to an acreage and built my house, there were only a few of these chambered leach field manufacturers around. Now it looks like everyone is getting into the business. Now that you have a direction to look, you may start looking up plastic manufacturers.
Here are a couple of examples. Close...but no cigar.

https://www.thenaturalhome.com/infiltrator.htm
http://www.foresterpress.com/ow_0511_bottomless.html

Come to think of it, you may want to concentrate your search on what city Stargate was made in, or what city the prop department was in to narrow down your search even more.

TazMan2000

I think the only way you're gonna be able to do this one exact Andy, is to actually buy the one that's gonna come up on e-bay or else the Las Vegas auction,
- but either way, the price + shipping and taxes will perhaps make it prohibitive :(

I am trying to track down the real life part that was used as the Goa'uld wall lights on Stargate SG1

It's a Septic Infiltrator, as Duncanator and TazMan pointed out. The specific model you're looking for is an Infiltrator Systems Equalizer 24 Chamber.

They've updated the design which you can see in their product catalogue. (Here) The one you're after is the original model. (Seen Here)

infiltrator.JPG

Last edited:
I think the only way you're gonna be able to do this one exact Andy, is to actually buy the one that's gonna come up on e-bay or else the Las Vegas auction,
- but either way, the price + shipping and taxes will perhaps make it prohibitive :(

When is this las vegas auction? What will be there stargate?

Just my luck:( I can't find any of the older types and no one seems to make them in the UK or Europe. I might join some builders forums In the US to see if any one may have a couple kicking around. Just think, there must be Hundreds of Canadian and US homes that have Goa'uld technology buried in their gardens:lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back