Does anyone have the Vader reference CD?

I have a copy.... but I don't think I would give it out unless I had the permission of the original maker.

I hope someone can chime in here and let us know who made it.

IMHO the cd is not such a big deal. Other than the RPF threads on it, which are very informative, the majority of it is a bunch of fuzzy screen caps and low rez pics. As Sithlord pointed out, there have been better quality pics and even more info available since that cd was made. However, I commend the person who put it all together and organized it, as well as the other contributing parties. What should be done is a combination of all current pics and info, alongwith some new RPF archived threads AND that cd, then you'd really have a cd as valuable as Homeland Security documents. :)

Ya the archived threads were cool....and yes it would be great to have the old set of images together with an updated set.....that also brings up an idea .....a CD set of RPF threads with topic specific threads...ie: Vader, stormtroopers, Fett, sabers, and other movies....that would be really cool....just the complete threads....call it "The Best of RPF" :D

<div class='quotetop'>(lambotour @ Jul 7 2006, 07:37 AM) [snapback]1275801[/snapback]</div>
IMHO the cd is not such a big deal. Other than the RPF threads on it, which are very informative, the majority of it is a bunch of fuzzy screen caps and low rez pics. As Sithlord pointed out, there have been better quality pics and even more info available since that cd was made. However, I commend the person who put it all together and organized it, as well as the other contributing parties. What should be done is a combination of all current pics and info, alongwith some new RPF archived threads AND that cd, then you'd really have a cd as valuable as Homeland Security documents. :)
[/b]

:lol

I agree, the pics could be better. The old threads are the best part.

I think a new CD may be a bit much for one person to undertake. I think we could get a group of us together and tackle the CD as a team. Thoughts?

I say in the interest of brotherhood we let bygones be bygones and all pool together to make an all-new, updated, hi-res, all inclusive, Vader reference cd/dvd. It can be like a group project. At this point the cats out of the bg on most of the so-called top secret stuff. What the hell.

-Jason M

I thought the only reason it was kept on the downlow was the pics of Kermit in the suit (individual peices) outside DPS? Now those are public (kinda - HS) it's not anything to keep to yourself (shouldn't be like that anyway. ;)).

The screencaps were taken before an official DVD was released by LFL. That would make them a little blurry. At the time, that was the best reference available.

A few things to think about...... as far as making it a group project, there would be a lot of reference material derived from the RPF itself. Some of those images might need approval by the owners (suit or helmet images), some might have been hosted through Wackychimp (do we need Wackychimp's approval then?). Or it would be a donation to the project sort of thing. Of course, anything I've posted here in the last year (comparisons, screen caps or other reference) could go on since I use my own image hosting. Personally, I think that the contents of the CD itself should be used for personal reference only (or perhaps RPF discussion), not to fill up one's website with a Vader gallery, etc.....any thoughts on conditions? If it's a group thing then conditions would have to be set by the group. Keep in mind as well that Hyperspace images are copyright LFL so even though the Kermit images appeared on HS, they have the HS logo, whereas the ones that appeared on the original Vader reference CD were derived from originals and therefore still belong to the owner of the photos (although that person can chime in on that point).

Considering we are all ripping off LFL property with bootleg replicas I think it's a bit late in the day to start worrying about Hyperspace logos. Since LFL owns all image rights it's also a bit of a moot point to start worrying about ownership.

<div class='quotetop'>(Victorious-Jay @ Jul 9 2006, 01:50 AM) [snapback]1277086[/snapback]</div>
I say in the interest of brotherhood we let bygones be bygones and all pool together to make an all-new, updated, hi-res, all inclusive, Vader reference cd/dvd. It can be like a group project. At this point the cats out of the bg on most of the so-called top secret stuff. What the hell.

-Jason M
[/b]

I would totally be up for something like that(even though I was turned down by several people when trying to get the original Reference CD).

Well, the only way it's going to get started is if we decide to start it.

In order to do that we need to decide how its going to be layed out and what it will contain. Iwill do a template tomorrow and post it and then others can feel free to add their own ideas or change mine or what have you.

I am very interested in making this porject a reality.

RKW, Im with you on the HS pics. I dont think it will be a big deal personally.

As far as the stipulations I agree that we should discourage people from using these pics on their websites. Lets keep it a true reference cd. I'm interested in any input people have.

-Jason M

Why any stipulations at all? IsnÂ’t this supposed to be a CD created by fans for fans? The purpose to collate all known information to make it easily accessible.

By stipulating that the only media used can be CD generally means that someone is hoping to just use it as a money making scheme or exclude a certain group of fans. At the end of the day the internet will out live a CD gathering dust at the bottom of someoneÂ’s draw.

<div class='quotetop'>(RKW @ Jul 10 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]1277882[/snapback]</div>
Why any stipulations at all? IsnÂ’t this supposed to be a CD created by fans for fans? The purpose to collate all known information to make it easily accessible.

By stipulating that the only media used can be CD generally means that someone is hoping to just use it as a money making scheme or exclude a certain group of fans. At the end of the day the internet will out live a CD gathering dust at the bottom of someoneÂ’s draw.
[/b]

Well said, RKW. We're all fans here and why not let as many people as possible have access to all this content? The "secret society" mentaility around here gets a little old sometimes.

<div class='quotetop'>(Simba @ Jul 12 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]1279219[/snapback]</div>
Were the shots of Kermit Pre- or post production?
[/b]
Didn't Kermit first get involved "after" production? At least that's how it sounded in the Hyperspace interview.

Why is copying the original disc for the handful of people who want one such a taboo? Isn't that what we're doing here, sharing info? The disc's original maker was happy enough to share with anyone who wanted it, so why shouldn't we keep that spirit going?

I contributed a handful of MoM pix to the original project. Anyone who wants to copy my stuff just go ahead. I've already seen my pix in other people's collections many times. Doesn't bother me. In fact, if a guy I'll never know, maybe in another part of the world, can get the details on his saber right because of a pic I shot, I think that's fabulous. :)

Why not start a new reference CD project? One updated and better? Loads have been learned since then. I'd even contribute those same Kermit pics again.

But the original agreement by the last disc's creator was to not copy the disc. Plain and simple. Arguing that to rationalize doing it after the fact is kinda low, IMO.

I too would like to see a referance cd, i asked a while back and just got the tumbleweed going by as an answer , be interesting to see what comes of this new one

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back