Doctor Who gets a movie, and no more TV?

I don't like the idea of a prequel. Doctor Who is just as much about the Doctor's origins being a mystery as is some of the other elements. I don't mind them revealing some things in stories (on tv) and wouldn't mind them showing a younger 1st Doctor in flashback or maybe meeting him (breaking the laws of time again). It's been pretty well established that Hartnell's Doctor actually was a kid and grew to that age.

I also wouldn't mind them doing away with the idea of the looms that were in some of the books. I always thought that idea was a bit silly.

Prequel movies rarely work anyway. You know the whole time you're watching it that there is no real danger to characters that are in the later (earlier) stories. At least with flashbacks it helps the story along or with crossing the timelines you have the "How do they get out of this without destroying the timeline?" bit.

If it happens...its gonna be crap.

Here`s an idea, how making the show a bigger budget show with a longer season seeing its one of the BBC`s biggest grossing shows?

Crazy I know..... :confused

Please BBC...do not let this idiot butcher your best show. :darnkids

In one article they say "It's going to take 3 years to get the script right" - that seems kinda specific and rather stupid, unless you already know you are timing this movie with the exit of Matt Smith and bringing in a new Doctor with a film.

I would love to see them cast somebody just outrageous like Tom Hardy as the young Hartnell Doctor and show him getting jaded on Gallifrey and stealing the TARDIS and having it get stuck in a 1960s form.

^---Yes, if it is going to happen please do not Americanize it. Look at Torchwood....
They already tried it, it didn't go over very well. And is cursed by many even Whovians in the US hated it. People didn't like the Doctor kissing a companion, oh wait, that's common place now.

It was done back in the 1990's.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a movie, heck why not. They have redone just about everything else. If not just another net rumor for us to argue about.

I just dont think it is right to do now, considering that the tv show is currently at its all time high viewer count. Leave the franchise alone and reboot it after it has been off the air for acouple years.

Join me on a journey down....

3226025383_ed5f93c97e_o.jpg

;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back