Doctor Strange costume (Benedict Cumberbatch version) question

Wow, those are fantastic, I'm also doing Doctor Strange for Halloween this year and I was wondering if you bought the round green and orange hand props or did you make them? I really want them to be part of my costume. Thxs for any info

I really do like the green one the best, can you tell me what materials you used to make that, I'm really having a hard time finding something I can use. Also what is the rpf, fb rpf group? Sorry about all the questions but I'm kinda new to making things...lol...

I 3d p r intend a Magic design, and glued that to a clear plexiglass disc. The lights are a 30 green led fairy light string from amazon. If you scratch or sand the plexiglass, it'll pick up the light, so you can etch a design into.it that lights up. I just hot glued them on. I also 3d printed translucent finger sockets, and slipped an led in each one. It's easy to palm the 3 AAA battery pack, or elastic it to your hand.

Thank you so much for the information. unfortunately I do not have access to 3D printer, but I'm thinking maybe I could use some plexi glass plates or something...lol...we will see, again, I appreciate you taking the time to check out my question...have a great rest of the day

Thank you so much for the information. unfortunately I do not have access to 3D printer, but I'm thinking maybe I could use some plexi glass plates or something...lol...we will see, again, I appreciate you taking the time to check out my question...have a great rest of the day

You really don;t need a 3d printer.. you can etch (scratch) a design into plexiglass, and it''ll transmit the led light to the scratches. the rougher the better for it to pick up the light. (You might try a soldering gun with a wedge tip.. I'm not sure how effective that will be yet.) The challenge though will be to come up with something to hold it up by.. you might be able to just make a handle from plexiglass glued to it, or a U shaped opening you can just slip onto your hand. Some peple have put magnets in the rings and magnets on the plexiglass to hold it, but we still don't know if thats is even in the movie yet. One of the rings also uses its top finger guard as a clip, and I'm not sure how strong that is.. it might break off holding the weight of the plexiglass and the leds.

Post what you come up with though, and I'll post when I work on an improved version of mine.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated on my Eye of Agamotto. I ordered "Gold Rush" from Smooth-On, which is a fake metal powder that looks like Brass. The problem with it, is that the pictures are the only information you get (Because their new website SUCKS)

I ordered "Silver Bullet" before, which looks like aluminum or steel on super smooth surfaces. Gold Rush, is glitter. They basically said "sucks for you", ya know. Even though it didn't specify on their website. They gave me great details in a message, but not on the product page. I've been a loyal customer for over 6 years and have dropped thousands of dollars on their products. Oh, if you can see, the label lists information about "Silver Ghost", which is a glitter. But the title says "Gold Rush". They told me "The label is corrected, but because the product works as-intended, you cannot return the product and we cannot offer a refund".

I didnt even use 1/2 a gram, but yeah. Totally my fault for needing mind reading powers to know the information on the product. :(

I didn't order real Brass powder because I've read that it tarnishes. You can stop the tarnishing by spraying it with clear spray paint. But that ultimately dulls the metal look. So I'm still looking for faux Brass powder.

If anyone has an idea, hit me with it!

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
well as you see, that's a smooth-on product, but there are more casting/resin brands/websites. I'm not familiar with the american online market, but I know you can get various metal powders here in the UK on most casting/moulding webshops. Maybe try some of those?

Good NIGHT, those are AWESOME costumes, all of them!! Thanks for sharing, and you're inspiring me to get mine together!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I did manage to find a nice orange clipboard and some other items in green and orange, I'm gonna try something on all them and see what I come with ...lol..ya never know what's gonna work till you try it right...it's just that I really do not have access to much stuff to do crafts...I did manage to make my Tony Stark Iron Man glove out of red and gold duct tape that is on my hand in my avatar, that was interesting, found that info on you tube...Thxs again...

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated on my Eye of Agamotto. I ordered "Gold Rush" from Smooth-On, which is a fake metal powder that looks like Brass. The problem with it, is that the pictures are the only information you get (Because their new website SUCKS)

I ordered "Silver Bullet" before, which looks like aluminum or steel on super smooth surfaces. Gold Rush, is glitter. They basically said "sucks for you", ya know. Even though it didn't specify on their website. They gave me great details in a message, but not on the product page. I've been a loyal customer for over 6 years and have dropped thousands of dollars on their products. Oh, if you can see, the label lists information about "Silver Ghost", which is a glitter. But the title says "Gold Rush". They told me "The label is corrected, but because the product works as-intended, you cannot return the product and we cannot offer a refund".

Oh, I really wish I had known you were going down that path...I did the same thing about 2 years ago and was sorely disappointed the exact same way it happened to you.
I would try this (I know it is bronze, but you could highlight with rub n buff): https://smile.amazon.com/Alumilite-...8&qid=1474406636&sr=8-4&keywords=brass+powder

There is also gold: https://smile.amazon.com/Alumilite-...8&qid=1474406636&sr=8-2&keywords=brass+powder

Finally! After many hours of frustration!

View attachment 666675View attachment 666676View attachment 666677View attachment 666678View attachment 666679View attachment 666680View attachment 666681View attachment 666682

The Eye is Gold when off, Green and glowing when on! :D

I cast it in clear plastic, but brushed gold powder on the mold. Somehow, it can still pass light and doesn't get reflected off.

I doubt I'm allowed to post the Etsy link, idk. So, message me if you want to buy one, lol
PM sent!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Finally! After many hours of frustration!

View attachment 666675View attachment 666676View attachment 666677View attachment 666678View attachment 666679View attachment 666680View attachment 666681View attachment 666682

The Eye is Gold when off, Green and glowing when on! :D

I cast it in clear plastic, but brushed gold powder on the mold. Somehow, it can still pass light and doesn't get reflected off.

I doubt I'm allowed to post the Etsy link, idk. So, message me if you want to buy one, lol

oh my god that is gorgeous.

Hello all,

I'm taking a deep breath and getting ready to start this myself. Couple of questions:

1) what material is everyone using for the blue vest and undershirt?
2) Where is everyone finding the braided chord (brown, black and blue) for the belts and wrists
3) I saw that prop's shop was offering the STL files for the various pieces. I messaged him about them as I'd like to print them out myself. One question was on the cape stamp. Can someone explain how that process works? Or are there videos for it?

Also, I don't know if it will help anyone, but I got some decent shots of the costume at San Diego Comic Con, especially the back. The guy at Marvel let me come up on stage and take ONE picture. :) Here they are.

20160721_180254.jpg20160721_180255.jpg20160721_180258.jpg20160721_180327.jpg

Mark

I don't know about "everyone" but I am using three layers of home spun and two top layers of linen for the tabard. I am using linen for the shirt.
I am not sure about the belts yet but am pretty sure I can make the leather ones without too much trouble.
I am going to try to weave my own braids for the wrist wraps.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back