Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: Foam Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo, paint now smooth n shiny like glass

Wow, this is looking killer.. Really nice paintjob, your chest piece looks gorgeous..
One thing is troubling me though : the chest looks different on the pics. I mean, it looks like it's not a hard piece, almost like you could bend it.

Maybe it's just the angle but it looks quite soft but with a hard aspect, like a pep piece.
Anyways, it's a beauty.

thanks and good observations. Its exactly how you explained it. It is hard but has some give, not like a pep which has no give , more so now cuz the ab piece was buggin the hell outa me so im a re do it better and cut it off da chest. man i keep giving myself more work dammit lol:facepalm

Re: Foam Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo, paint now smooth n shiny like glass

Yeah I noticed you cut the top ab piece that was glued on the chest piece :)
Thanks for the info !
I almost finish doing the foam work on my mkIII and if rondo gives a hard finish but with some flexibility, thant it's the perfect thing I need.
I'm very excited to try this method and hope it will end up as cool as your !

Any progress on your suit ?

Yeah I noticed you cut the top ab piece that was glued on the chest piece :)
Thanks for the info !
I almost finish doing the foam work on my mkIII and if rondo gives a hard finish but with some flexibility, thant it's the perfect thing I need.
I'm very excited to try this method and hope it will end up as cool as your !

Any progress on your suit ?

No problem, im positive yours will come out cool. If yr gnna start yr own thread to show yr work put a link here but if not yr more than welcome to post pics of yr suit here so we can all check it out :) As for my progress finishing up abs, cod, hip pod and goin to attach pieces together with industrial strength velcro. Im not goin to use buckle cuz there a pain in the arse to put on without help n with velcro i can put on so so much easier n bymyself. Ill be done real soon with those pieces n ill post pics.

I am still astounded everytime I come back here to look! Man that is so sharp!

Actually im doin that as we speak lol I can bob n weave so far with suit on. once Im done i'll show ya'll how i did it if u guys r havin trouble :)

This would be awesome if you could.

I have been researching for my first build and have been scared of the pep, but didn't want "Foam" look. You have brought the best of both together. Thanks for all of the tips and inspiration!

Awesome build man I start mine in the morning

This would be awesome if you could.

I have been researching for my first build and have been scared of the pep, but didn't want "Foam" look. You have brought the best of both together. Thanks for all of the tips and inspiration!

Will do, thanks for the compliment n more pics comin soon :)

how long did your rondo take to cure? Its been pretty hot and humid where I live and it is still tacky two days later. Any tips on getting this to cure would be appreciated.

Thanks

how long did your rondo take to cure? Its been pretty hot and humid where I live and it is still tacky two days later. Any tips on getting this to cure would be appreciated.

Thanks

The reason is not curing cuz ya didnt add enough hardner. Ive been noticing alot off people having trouble thats why Ive been tryin other ways especially due to low on funds :lol

Re: Foam coated with rondo+new method with tutorial thats flexible, resists cracks

Coating with rondo is a great way to get an awesome finish but for myself can get pretty expensive and thats why no updates. If ya dont know how to work with fillers rondo isnt for you cuz its not for beginners but unlike alot a newbies here i did research for myself to find an even way easier way that even beginners can do...lol just had to mention that cuz i noticed alot of newbies but not all of of em want everything done for them n dont like figurin things out for themselves:rolleyes anyways back to subject at hand If ya dont know how to work with fillers ya will have trouble with rondo but I found an alternative way to get a really flexible awesome finish super simple. The first pic is of wrist piece just plastic dipped and ended up with wrinkles and I couldnt stand that look then the other ones are of the difference and the finish is extremly flexible doesnt crack and really shiny. If ya guys like it and want a tutorial let me know and ill show step by step how to, its basically different methods all rolled into one :)

Last edited:
Re: Foam Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo, alternative coating for super flex and s

I would like to know how you did that it looks really nice and shiny and smooth

Re: Foam Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo, alternative coating for super flex and s

Interested to see what you cooked up Doc.

Coating with rondo is a great way to get an awesome finish but for myself can get pretty expensive and thats why no updates. If ya dont know how to work with fillers rondo isnt for you cuz its not for beginners but unlike alot a newbies here i did research for myself to find an even way easier way that even beginners can do...lol just had to mention that cuz i noticed alot of newbies but not all of of em want everything done for them n dont like figurin things out for themselves:rolleyes anyways back to subject at hand If ya dont know how to work with fillers ya will have trouble with rondo but I found an alternative way to get a really flexible awesome finish super simple. The first pic is of wrist piece just plastic dipped and ended up with wrinkles and I couldnt stand that look then the other ones are of the difference and the finish is extremly flexible doesnt crack and really shiny. If ya guys like it and want a tutorial let me know and ill show step by step how to, its basically different methods all rolled into one :)

Very, Very interested!!!! I was using rondo on the back of my suit but it cracked so bad I have to remake it, do you use both the resin and bondo hardener or just one? thanks for the info...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back