Do we know what this part is? it feels very cheap on my Tomenosuke and id like to try to find an original if possible

CreechMagoo

(very new to the community and am just now starting to want to modify my gun) I believe the part to be a magazine for the Styer but Im unsure. any help is appreciated?
IMG_4781.jpg

Hi, and welcome.

To add to Joberg's note, Steyr magazines come in a range of sizes and "designs" (hunting scenes on the bottom/flat side, for example). Finding a screen accurate one will require some effort, but the hunt can be half the fun. These parts were originally plastic, so while it would be very cool to have original parts, it may not change the "cheap" feel you mention in your post's subject line. Only because the misunderstanding has come up in conversation before: keep in mind that the screen-used magazine was modified to allow for the LEDs and on/off switch. Those are not original to the part. :)

12D8CC5F-397D-4756-BDA1-FD296317AD1C.jpeg

I got one from steyrarms and it’s not as glossy as the screen used one but should polish up ok. It may just be old stock. It‘s a fair bit of work to trim it correctly and make it fit though.

EB2BA444-0D80-47EE-B210-3F637676C9CE.jpeg

Last edited:
The original Steyr SL mag used on the hero was from the older rifles and they where made from Nylon - hence the shiny look. The newer iterations are made from a matte plastic as shown above. The Tomenosuke version is dead on accurate. You can even fit a real magazine into it.

hey,
just to add to that, the tomenosuke part is injection molding plastic, made the same way as the original. it is very accurate appart from a couple stronger molding lines. replacing it for the real part would be work intensive and wouldn't really solve what you feel is cheap.
A lot of people like the all metal blasters. To me, the Tomen is the most accurate and their steyr magazine looks very accurate compared to other versions of the gun.
welcome to the fun world of the BR blaster :)

to show a bit better what I meant for the small difference in molding lines with an original, on the right here:
46491f8df585e7d7fd961934a2d65803.jpg

I don't remember who took that photo, sorry, but it was a great help and I thank you again :)
appart from the molding line, you can see they feel extremely similar and the plastic is quite accurate :)

hey,
just to add to that, the tomenosuke part is injection molding plastic, made the same way as the original. it is very accurate appart from a couple stronger molding lines. replacing it for the real part would be work intensive and wouldn't really solve what you feel is cheap.
A lot of people like the all metal blasters. To me, the Tomen is the most accurate and their steyr magazine looks very accurate compared to other versions of the gun.
welcome to the fun world of the BR blaster :)
Thanks for the insight, I had no idea. it just means one less part for me to upgrade, all ive got left is to install the steel barrel and strip and blue the upper.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back