DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

View attachment 1825489
What about theese screw on caps a possible candidate for the mystery knob, that fell off the DL 44 on Finse?

1. The SP220 scope was made in the UK.
2. The scope was used on the DH 17, making the caps an available item for the prop builders
3. The depth seems to accomedate the height of the screws.

Not sure of the width, ive asked a guy who's currently selling one such scope.
If its 27mm +- it would certainly fit.
These Caps are way too small - these are more in the 10-15mm mark.

Yeah but you can tell it is not true. Just looking at it compared to the size of the piston halves I think the diameter is no bigger than the piston half length that makes it 18mm. Besides it only barely covers half of the screws it is certainly not as large as the disc.
View attachment 1825495
So some sort of windage / turret cap perhaps and leave the rest up to imagination :p

Yeah but you can tell it is not true. Just looking at it compared to the size of the piston halves I think the diameter is no bigger than the piston half length that makes it 18mm. Besides it only barely covers half of the screws it is certainly not as large as the disc.
View attachment 1825495

Something in the line of this then?

Attachments

• 1717086305987.png
    1717086305987.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 20
I absolutely hate it too lol

The fact that it covered part of the screw heads kinda always weirds me out.

We know from its appearance on the Today show that the cut-out for the nuts on the sides of the pistons is large and sloppy, with lots of extra space. It also seems like the gray epoxy in the center is in the shape of a hexagon, makes me think it’s some sort of knob or something with a stem?

I absolutely hate it too lol

The fact that it covered part of the screw heads kinda always weirds me out.

We know from its appearance on the Today show that the cut-out for the nuts on the sides of the pistons is large and sloppy, with lots of extra space. It also seems like the gray epoxy in the center is in the shape of a hexagon, makes me think it’s some sort of knob or something with a stem?
Perhaps? The mystery-knob would had have to be glued to the disc, if it did not cover the enter disk.

And that would not have worked if the knob was hollow i guess.
Either covering parts, or the entire disc - it's an annoying knob :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back