Displaying your fx sabers ?????????

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by darth_manu, Apr 7, 2006.

1. darth_manu

darth_manu Well-Known Member

since theres all the fx sabers talk :)
    do you guys store/display your fx sabers with the batteries in it? or out?
    I am displaying them with the batteries in ever since i got them, but i've seen how batteries explode or get all wet and acidic like, inside a device like a cd player before.
    what do you guys think?

2. Hecubus114

Hecubus114 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I keep the batteries in, because everyday I pick up and turn on one or more of them at least once.

3. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

It really does depend on how often you use them. If the sabers are sitting un-used for weeks at a time, then take the batteries out. If you are playing with the sabers on a weekly or daily basis, go ahead and leave the batteries in. You'll kill them and have to put in fresh batteries long before they will explode.

4. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

I leave my batteries in and pull them out about once per week. Even if they haven't died, I try to swap out the batteries every 6 to 9 months, with the hope that I get to them before they leak. I've had my ANH Vader for a few years now and haven't had any problems yet.

5. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

I also keep the batteries in mine. Check on them from time to time if you dont use the saber often.

6. LogansRunner

LogansRunner Well-Known Member

I keep them in, and turn in on every once in a while, then i put it back on display.