Display stand ideas

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Jimbo890, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

I have a blaster I made and I want to give it to my nephew for his birthday. I also wanted to make a simple but elegant display stand for it. Now, I've seen the ones over on the BBC, made from a wooden base, and the PVC pipe. Nice option. Before I start on that design, any ideas for others?

OK.

Now, I also need a rack for stormtrooper blasters. Any ideas on a wall mount that could hold say, 6 blasters?

Thanks for any ideas.

Jim

2. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

I've always been partial to the clear plastic used in the Master Replicas display stands. I intend to try to replicate the look with either plexiglass or clear acrylic "braces" installed into a painted wooden base.

3. Jimbo890

Any pics?

4. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It would be rugged looking, but I think the floor grating as a base (much like Aliens displays) would look cool on a trooper blaster. Without the acid eaten Alien look of course......LOL. I wanna say I saw someone's display of that sort somewhere but I can't remember if it was here or another board. It looked pretty darned good though. :)

5. StefTrooper

StefTrooper New Member

I realize that this isn't an imperial blaster, but how about something like this style?

6. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

For the wall mount, I think a background of a lighted Death Star panel with some simple hooks would be sweet. But that's just me.

-Fred

7. Jimbo890

Nice.

I like the Aliens ICON floor grating idea too. Tommin from M41a.com had a tutorial on making a similar design for a Pulse Rifle using a ceiling lamp tile.

8. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have been thinking about building a wall mounted light alcove, similiar to the ones in the Death Star conference room but smaller, and long instead of tall, and with a lamp illuminating it from above.
    That would not be "simple and elegant" though. ;)

9. Jimbo890

Here is the BBC's version:

[​IMG]

and Tommin's version:
    [​IMG]