Display stand ideas

Jimbo890

I have a blaster I made and I want to give it to my nephew for his birthday. I also wanted to make a simple but elegant display stand for it. Now, I've seen the ones over on the BBC, made from a wooden base, and the PVC pipe. Nice option. Before I start on that design, any ideas for others?

OK.

Now, I also need a rack for stormtrooper blasters. Any ideas on a wall mount that could hold say, 6 blasters?

Thanks for any ideas.

Jim

I've always been partial to the clear plastic used in the Master Replicas display stands. I intend to try to replicate the look with either plexiglass or clear acrylic "braces" installed into a painted wooden base.

It would be rugged looking, but I think the floor grating as a base (much like Aliens displays) would look cool on a trooper blaster. Without the acid eaten Alien look of course......LOL. I wanna say I saw someone's display of that sort somewhere but I can't remember if it was here or another board. It looked pretty darned good though. :)

For the wall mount, I think a background of a lighted Death Star panel with some simple hooks would be sweet. But that's just me.

-Fred

Originally posted by StefTrooper@Jan 11 2006, 08:42 PM
I realize that this isn't an imperial blaster, but how about something like this style?
[snapback]1156429[/snapback]​

Nice.

I like the Aliens ICON floor grating idea too. Tommin from M41a.com had a tutorial on making a similar design for a Pulse Rifle using a ceiling lamp tile.

Originally posted by Gigatron@Jan 11 2006, 09:58 PM
For the wall mount, I think a background of a lighted Death Star panel with some simple hooks would be sweet.  But that's just me.
[snapback]1156440[/snapback]​

I have been thinking about building a wall mounted light alcove, similiar to the ones in the Death Star conference room but smaller, and long instead of tall, and with a lamp illuminating it from above.
That would not be "simple and elegant" though. ;)

Here is the BBC's version:

e-11step28.jpg

and Tommin's version:
img10.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back