Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

Well, that was much ado about nothing as far as Star Wars is concerned. "Hi, I'm Harrison Ford. Despite what I've been saying for four decades, I'm going to tell you how happy I am to have been a part of Star Wars because Disney is giving me a truckload of money. And now, an electronic beach ball is going to introduce something that The Boys From Marketing want you to see while those kids over there play some John Williams music. I'm outta' here." :rolleyes

Not that I was expecting anything more.

This is a little off topic, but when I saw the concept art earlier today I had a bit of an existential crisis/mini breakdown. I got so insanely jealous of the people who get to bring those lands to life within the parks, and realized that while I'm in no position to do so myself it's still my dream apparently.

This is a little off topic, but when I saw the concept art earlier today I had a bit of an existential crisis/mini breakdown. I got so insanely jealous of the people who get to bring those lands to life within the parks, and realized that while I'm in no position to do so myself it's still my dream apparently.

Depending on your skill set and the level of it, you could always try applying for either WD Imagineeiring, I'm sure that there are plenty of positions for for non-engineers or try applying for a job as one of the craftsmen in one of the parks, once again, certainly a need for a wide range of skill sets. Just so you're aware, most of the construction of new rides and lands will almost certainly be handled by outside contractors, I don't think that Disney itself has enough people on staff to do that kind of work in house and it would be costly to keep all of those people around for the once every few years job(s). However, they do have a staff of maintainers who would be responsible for touching up parts of the rides and lands and seeing to their upkeep as well. I'm pretty sure that they're almost constantly making new props and signs to replace the old ones as they get worn and/or damaged.

Personally, what I think would be a fun job would be to be the one that's responsible for shopping for all of the props that decorate rides like Indian Jones and Splash Mountain. Going around, rummaging all over the place for all sorts of old and interesting junk to decorate the rides with.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't just make an exclusive park that is all SW stuff, they could rebuild sets and everything if they had more land.

Trying visualize this ride, I keep thinking it will be like Harry Potter over at Universal. The ride car will be the cockpit where a family of four each have a job. Then they use 3d projection combined with a simulator like experience to make it feel like you are piloting it.

Just my theory.

Trying visualize this ride, I keep thinking it will be like Harry Potter over at Universal. The ride car will be the cockpit where a family of four each have a job. Then they use 3d projection combined with a simulator like experience to make it feel like you are piloting it.

Just my theory.

Hmm, as good a theory as any. I'm just trying to imagine how the line is supposed to work since you're supposed to be in THE Millenium Falcon, because of that I think that they're going to have split the line up at one point so that it appears only you are going to the Falcon. It kind of ruins the illusion if you see multiple cars or multiple doors/rams leading to, essentially, multiple Falcons.

Using this piece of concept art, I think it will have you walk up the ramp to get on the falcon and get into your cockpit (ride vehicle). I could see walking the interior of the falcon as part of the wait queue. An alternative could be to have you walk through a docking bay (94) and then each loading queue could be a limited facade where you board. I am thinking volumes like Test Track, just separated queues is all. It all depends on where they have the line split up is all.

StarWarsLandConceptArt3.jpg

-Eric

Attachments

• Star_Wars_Disney_Theme_Park_D23_2015_M01.jpg
    Star_Wars_Disney_Theme_Park_D23_2015_M01.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 103
Using this piece of concept art, I think it will have you walk up the ramp to get on the falcon and get into your cockpit (ride vehicle). I could see walking the interior of the falcon as part of the wait queue...
So, once again the interior would be too big for the exterior? :D

Personally, I couldn't care less about a falcon ride. I think I would prefer an x-wing simulator.

What I WOULD like is a full size replica of echo base, complete with falcon. Just something we can walk up on and spend a minute sitting in the captain's chair.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back