Dishonored Corvo's folding blade build

kindless

So this is my first real crack at prop making. I'm making the blade from basswood, and the handle from pine plywood. I have only a bandsaw and a dremel to work with, but it's been sufficient so far.

dishonored___corvo__s_blade_hd_by_mrgameboy2012-d5hfpy4.pngtumblr_mbrpspyhsa1qgb1o5o5_1280.jpg
The knife acts like a double-action switchblade, except where the the blade is two part the edge of which hides inside the main bit of it, which then hides inside the handle. I'm still working on figure out the best way to go about achieving this folding action, but first a knife that doesn't fold:
Photo Jul 27, 17 16 00.jpgPhoto Jul 27, 18 32 37.jpgPhoto Aug 02, 18 18 07.jpgPhoto Aug 02, 18 17 55.jpg
The blade itself still needs the fuller (which I'm trying to achieve by jerry-rigging a drillstop out of my dremel with a routing bit), then sanding. Lots of sanding. And paint. The handle needs to get its edges cut. Not sure how to make the guard yet. the blade is going to be removable, so I can at least have a handle that looks like the blade is hidden inside it, but it's not going to impress anyone when I pull out the blade to shove into the handle.. More to come as I progress on it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back