Discussion: how did the yautja get their (written) language?

GiGi the Pred

Of course there is no certain way of knowing exactly how the Yautja gained there basic, yet sophisticated written language that is often seen on bomb gauntlet, wrist blades, armor and even through the eyes of a bio, but how do you think they got this language, I mean surely.. They aren't capable of devising anything anywhere near advanced as what they have... What do you think about this.

umm thts a good question.. i somewhat think tht the aztec's helped them ( if you recall the first AVP when the dude is reading the holographs and they show a flash back of the aztec temple etc... ) hope this helps a little

- jordan

id say that their numerical system is loosy derived from a form of cunaform (i may misspelled that), or at lead rudamentarty and improved by the time the first encounter (of course more than a millenia)... as far as the written language id say taht its baised off of a pictogram form wich is a common derivition for written language

Hell, it could even have Roman or Greek influences, they do bear a slight resemblence to Roman Numerals. I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX & X. The Aztec thing does seem more likely, I just didn't want to give Anderson the credit for ******* up our Beloved Hunter's past.

maybe they just made it up themselves and influenced our language?...did anyone ever think about that?

Now that’s more along my lines of thinking. The yautja are a very intelligent people and as race are a hell of a lot older than mankind has a whole..if anything They ( yautja) influenced human civilization. And the aztec people, for all their ingenuity were not the most advanced of mankind’s civilizations, if the yautja did learn anything from humans, which I highly doubt, it wouldn’t have been from the aztecs.
~Estelle

What really bugs me is... How the hell do yautjas read their own language? It's not like letters have a warm signature...

If they're a space faring race I am certain they are capable of creating a written lanuage. Just because something looks complex to us it is probably not complex to race/people it was made by. Look at Sumerian, it looks extremely complex to us and its several thousand years old.

Seriously, do we really know how we've created language? The preds are millions, perhaps billions of years older than us as a species...We can barely theorize about the origins of our own language let alone something like the preds.

I will say the part about text not giving off a heat signature is an interesting wrinkle...however, we only actually see through the preds eyes in P1. Perhaps its its just one of those design flaws...lol

What really bugs me is... How the hell do yautjas read their own language? It's not like letters have a warm signature...

My theory ( at least for the gauntlets) is the screen gives off enough of a heat signature for them to read it. However, I have no ideas about regular written language.

Seriously, do we really know how we've created language? The preds are millions, perhaps billions of years older than us as a species...We can barely theorize about the origins of our own language let alone something like the preds.

I will say the part about text not giving off a heat signature is an interesting wrinkle...however, we only actually see through the preds eyes in P1. Perhaps its its just one of those design flaws...lol

i kind of agree with you. ;)

Now that’s more along my lines of thinking. The yautja are a very intelligent people and as race are a hell of a lot older than mankind has a whole..if anything They ( yautja) influenced human civilization. And the aztec people, for all their ingenuity were not the most advanced of mankind’s civilizations, if the yautja did learn anything from humans, which I highly doubt, it wouldn’t have been from the aztecs.
~Estelle

i agree with you both. if you look into the learning channels such as Discovery or the History channel, they usually always have a show about ancien aliens coming to our planet and some of them having influence over us. they even worship some of those aliens as gods, so i believe they didnt "learn from the humans". i believe they studied them and learned how to coexist in some way or another. i dont know. i just think as i type. lol

i agree with you both. if you look into the learning channels such as Discovery or the History channel, they usually always have a show about ancien aliens coming to our planet and some of them having influence over us. they even worship some of those aliens as gods, so i believe they didnt "learn from the humans". i believe they studied them and learned how to coexist in some way or another. i dont know. i just think as i type. lol

Yep! You bring up a very good point. Many cultures around the world do indeed claim to have obtained their ancestral knowledge from extraterrestrials. A prime example would be the Dogon people of West Africa and their alleged encounters with the Nommos; who they claim taught them about the Sirius star system. I have yet to hear tales of one culture that claims to have taught aliens anything.
~Estelle

Yep! You bring up a very good point. Many cultures around the world do indeed claim to have obtained their ancestral knowledge from extraterrestrials. A prime example would be the Dogon people of West Africa and their alleged encounters with the Nommos; who they claim taught them about the Sirius star system. I have yet to hear tales of one culture that claims to have taught aliens anything.
~Estelle

yeah and i also wonder who originally made the hunting concept, us or the preds?

All I can say about the numerical system is that it is base 10. The same as ours. We base everything off of 10 mostley because we have 10 digits on our hand as is the Yautja's. Their written language seems to be a lot more complex much like most eastern languages.

This is a good question that I believe I can shed some light on to. There is an error or two in the movie(s), at least in my opinion.

I have been a film photographer for some time, in and out of my other past carrier. I do fine art type work (at least I think it is) and have quite a bit of experience with infrared imagery.

My notions are based at face value from the orignal two Predator films and are meant to add an alternate view.

The first ia a fact that is clear to me but you may not have noticed. The Predator can see in color (RGB) visible light. What!? Yes, he can I say! When we see the "through the predators eyes" cut scenes. We can see reds, greens, oranges, blues, etc. The targeting systems and thermal images are received by the predators eyes from the bio and his brain translates it into wonderful live colorful images.

Knowing this and that we believe he can see not only in the visible light range (400nm - 700nm) but he can also see into the infrared light spectrum (700nm to 1,300nm to what degree?) what really would the world look like. Well for starters he would be able to read his own written language in any visible form.

Now, take a look at Photographer Dean Bennici who shoots color infrared "Aerochrome" film (what's left of it) www.bennici.net Have a peek at his 2010 landscape images.

Now imagine how the pred may really see worlds without the bio on.... ;)

This was Fun... I'm done hijacking this thread!

Bye!

prob late posting this but its like asking how chines people read theres im sure its hard but if your born into it and ect... you will know it. spekaing of chines dosnt it take liek 20 years to learn it?

I just saw this post and thought I'd offer my twisted opinion! :mad: I was thinking, maybe over the many years they've been technologically advanced that they've also become technologically dependant and can nolonger read basic text due to their infa red vision, and that they can only read stuff with their bios which scan and translate text into a displayable heat signature. Kinda like the down side to relying on technology too much is that you lose the ability to do even some basic things. After all, we see them wearing their bios not only when on the hunt but also when on their ships. They also use holographic displays alot which use laser emitters which could give off a slight heat signature.
As i said, thats just a thought, plausable or what?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back