Dieselpunk Phaser - Pics of completed Hand Phaser

BAK55

We've seen other cool phaser concepts and a model of a steampunk phaser.

But I've been working on a retro streamline design of a raygun for a class project and one of the concepts I came up with I had called "Too STAR TREK". But it intrigued me to think, what if STAR TREK were a product of the '40's after the Roswell incident instead of the '60's?

What art styles of the time, especially streamline moderne, would influence the design og the ship, equipment and uniforms?

Well, I tinikered with the "Too STAR TREK" concept of my raygun a bit further and came up with the image below.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Re: Dieselpunk Phaser

I really like the phaser concept. Nice work.
I am a big fan of streamline moderne designs and like what you have done to blend that in and still keep it rooted in the Star Trek OT.
Would be interested in seeing an over head view of how you would layout the knob and the needle meter.

I really like the phaser concept. Nice work.
I am a big fan of streamline moderne designs and like what you have done to blend that in and still keep it rooted in the Star Trek OT.
Would be interested in seeing an over head view of how you would layout the knob and the needle meter.

So would I. I haven't gotten that far just yet, but plan on carrying it through to the other views when I can.

Thank you for giving it a trigger guard. The lack of a trigger guard is my biggest complaint about sci-fi weapons, followed by lack of sights or any aiming device.

I tinkered with this some more. Top view to see what I did with the meter and a front view to get some sense on how the bottom of the trigger guard tapers toward the grip.

If I were to make this, it seems to me the most appropriate materials would be bakelite and chrome.

attachment.php

I love this design, and I want you to take it further... Let's see some "Too Star Trek" ships and costume designs!

I love this design, and I want you to take it further... Let's see some "Too Star Trek" ships and costume designs!

The first thing that comes to mind, uniform wise, would deffinately include Eisenhower Jackets and turtleneck shirts.

Wow, Flash Gordon meets Star Trek! Very nice. I agree you need to get that thing in 3D soon. Oh, imagine the fun you are going to have picking out color schemes.

Wow. Custom phaser design usually don't do anything for me, but this is REALLY cool. I'd happily add one of those to the collection. Great design!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back