Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

Travis Hoy, Chris Huisman and Chris Lutchen are the TOMY product designers
KLINGON K’TINGA BATTLE CRUISER 2024

According to the Tomy facebook group the Klingon Battle cruiser looks to be next. Not the REFIT...BOOHOO...but I definitly will be into getting battle cruiser for sure.

Travis Hoy, Chris Huisman and Chris Lutchen are the TOMY product designers
KLINGON K’TINGA BATTLE CRUISER 2024

According to the Tomy facebook group the Klingon Battle cruiser looks to be next. Not the REFIT...BOOHOO...but I definitly will be into getting battle cruiser for sure.

If it's the TOS cruiser I will be extremely happy. It will go good with the Enterprise. As long as we get what presented I will be in for one...

Can you do a screenshot of the announcement. I don't have Facebook..lol

Last edited:
If it's the TOS cruiser I will be extremely happy. It will go good with the Enterprise. As long as we get what presented I will be in for one...
That's the only one I'd be interested in - but the K'tinga class is what we saw in the films and following.

TOS is D7 version...

So, it would look good along the refit, but not the TOS Enterprise.

It doesn't make much sense to not do the D7 version to go along with TOS Enterprise...

Can you do a screenshot of the announcement. I don't have Facebo
Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 4.56.37 PM.png
ok..lol
Here is the pic!!!!!

That's the only one I'd be interested in - but the K'tinga class is what we saw in the films and following.

TOS is D7 version...

So, it would look good along the refit, but not the TOS Enterprise.

It doesn't make much sense to not do the D7 version to go along with TOS Enterprise...
Aww crap. That's right. The movie was is cool and all but the TOS D7 is awesome and I would love to see it. Oh well we shall see how it turns out...

Has this been confirmed?

Mixed feelings if it has. Very happy that they're continuing this series, despite the problems they faced. On the other hand, surely 90+% of people (including me) wanted a Refit.

Still, the K'tinga is a very cool ship, I remember carrying around my Micro Machines one as a kid in the early 90s and I've always wanted a bigger version so I could definitely see myself getting one. BUT I foresee problems for this reaching the number of backers needed to get it made. If the freaking Enterprise couldn't get to the original requirement, then I can't see this doing it either. Yes, they lowered the number and it still got made in that case, but they may not be willing to do that again.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Has this been confirmed?

Mixed feelings if it has. Very happy that they're continuing this series, despite the problems they faced. On the other hand, surely 90+% of people (including me) wanted a Refit.

Still, the K'tinga is a very cool ship, I remember carrying around my Micro Machines one as a kid in the early 90s and I've always wanted a bigger version so I could definitely see myself getting one. BUT I foresee problems for this reaching the number of backers needed to get it made. If the freaking Enterprise couldn't get to the original requirement, then I can't see this doing it either. Yes, they lowered the number and it still got made in that case, but they may not be willing to do that again.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Not confirmed. A random post on the Tomy Enterprise "fan" page on Facebook is all...

Carry on.

Here is the pic!!!!!

He changed it - guess he doesn't know the difference between battlecruisers.

There's nothing to it. Random post with zero explanation.

I've discovered that my cat is using the Enterprise as a makeshift itching post. Anyone have any suggestions for dissuading this egregious behaviour?

Personally I think it's fatal, but my wife says we need to let the cat live, despite its unforgivable indiscretion.

I've discovered that my cat is using the Enterprise as a makeshift itching post. Anyone have any suggestions for dissuading this egregious behaviour?

Personally I think it's fatal, but my wife says we need to let the cat live, despite its unforgivable indiscretion.
Is the cat black ? :lol:

I’m amazed that I still haven’t yet seen any attempts to mod, disassemble, or otherwise tinker around with this fine replica. I was sure that by this point in time, some brave soul would have tried to mod the lights, repaint the bridge, etc. Has anyone out there tried to mess with this beast? Or all you all like me and too scared to take tools to it for fear of chipping the paint? :p

I’m amazed that I still haven’t yet seen any attempts to mod, disassemble, or otherwise tinker around with this fine replica. I was sure that by this point in time, some brave soul would have tried to mod the lights, repaint the bridge, etc. Has anyone out there tried to mess with this beast? Or all you all like me and too scared to take tools to it for fear of chipping the paint? :p
Personally I see no reason to repaint or mod the lights. They nailed the color. And the lights are fine.

Personally I see no reason to repaint or mod the lights. They nailed the color. And the lights are fine.

I’m not talking about fixing any things that are “wrong” with it. I agree with you that she’s beautiful and perfect as is without any changes. But there are those of us for whom the fun lies in taking something already beautiful and then personalizing it to be “our version” or even just to make it slightly different than all the other mass produced ones. You could have a flawless replica of her and some of us will still want to add battle damage or slightly different LEDs or whatever. It’s just the joy and challenge of taking a thing and studying it, figuring out how it comes apart, and then adding our own touches to it. For instance, I would love to be able to add some crew figures to the bridge. Maybe a little Captain Kirk sitting in his chair. Others might like blinking lights in the Shuttle Bay, sound chips, or a “red alert” mode.

Again, I think TOMY knocked it out of the park with this replica and I’m thrilled with mine. But even so, I’m still sure there are other people out there itching to get her apart and see what they can do with her by using her as a base and then making her even more than she originally was when we first opened the box.

I’m not talking about fixing any things that are “wrong” with it. I agree with you that she’s beautiful and perfect as is without any changes. But there are those of us for whom the fun lies in taking something already beautiful and then personalizing it to be “our version” or even just to make it slightly different than all the other mass produced ones. You could have a flawless replica of her and some of us will still want to add battle damage or slightly different LEDs or whatever. It’s just the joy and challenge of taking a thing and studying it, figuring out how it comes apart, and then adding our own touches to it. For instance, I would love to be able to add some crew figures to the bridge. Maybe a little Captain Kirk sitting in his chair. Others might like blinking lights in the Shuttle Bay, sound chips, or a “red alert” mode.

Again, I think TOMY knocked it out of the park with this replica and I’m thrilled with mine. But even so, I’m still sure there are other people out there itching to get her apart and see what they can do with her by using her as a base and then making her even more than she originally was when we first opened the box.
Go ahead and take the plunge ! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back