Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

Guys, I'm having a hard time finding an affordable table that I like that I could use to display my Enterprise on. Could you help me out please? What are you displaying your model on?

Last edited:
Guys, I'm having a hard time finding an affordable table that I like that I could use to display my Enterprise on. Could you help me out please? What are you displaying your model on?

I'm using an end table that used to have a lamp on it. I don't see why it's so hard. It doesn't have to be anything fancy.

I'm using an end table that used to have a lamp on it. I don't see why it's so hard. It doesn't have to be anything fancy.
Yeah, I'm probably just being silly about it. I do have an end table that I was using but it is actually a little too small and the base hangs over the edge a little. I'll look for a larger one.

Good news, I got my replacement back. Bad news the threaded part you bolt the saucer onto had something in it. It was soft, maybe something to protect the threads during painting? Who knows. I was able to chip it out and run a bottoming tap in it and now all is fine..... With that one.

My other one with the gap in the seam on the secondary hull I decided to keep it until I noticed two of the orange leds on one of the nacelles stopped working. It should have 5. The right one, left as your looking at it in the attached video, now only has 3. I tried a new set of batteries but no go.

I've requested another return label. At least I have a decent box to send this one back in since they sent me new foam with the last replacement.

Attachments

• Plugged.jpg
    Plugged.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Missing Leds.mp4
    9 MB
One thing I wish was done...MRIs X-rays of assembled consumer models.

I think there is powerful tech to scan through metal shipping containers...which I think could work here.

Good news, I got my replacement back. Bad news the threaded part you bolt the saucer onto had something in it. It was soft, maybe something to protect the threads during painting? Who knows. I was able to chip it out and run a bottoming tap in it and now all is fine..... With that one.

My other one with the gap in the seam on the secondary hull I decided to keep it until I noticed two of the orange leds on one of the nacelles stopped working. It should have 5. The right one, left as your looking at it in the attached video, now only has 3. I tried a new set of batteries but no go.

I've requested another return label. At least I have a decent box to send this one back in since they sent me new foam with the last replacement.
Seriously beginning to wonder if the techs who built the E-A for starfleet in STV made these models? o_O

You know most people on this thread would love a REFIT but man I would love TOMY to make a diecast phaser rifle...THIS PHASER RIFLE. Of course the chances are zero, but oh man if they ever did with electronics, sfx and the rotating center canisters I'd buy it in a second! Of course I'd take the refit first but the Phaser Rifle would be so awesome!!!
1704160301310.png

You know, maybe my standards were just low before, but having owned it for a few months now, this model has really put my love of Lego and cheaper toys to rest. It may not be flawless, but it is a great representation of the Enterprise, especially the paint job. Every time I look at it I'm impressed.

You know, maybe my standards were just low before, but having owned it for a few months now, this model has really put my love of Lego and cheaper toys to rest. It may not be flawless, but it is a great representation of the Enterprise, especially the paint job. Every time I look at it I'm impressed.
I 1000000000% agree with you! Yes it has it's flaws but I love the piece especially for the monies!!! NOW TOMY DO A REFIT!!! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back