Did you know that.....

Madrid Boba

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all, :)

This is a great forum to learn and discover things about Star Wars... :confused

So i thought that making a "Did you know that.." thread could be a great way to find out about things that maybe you do not know.

I will start then, and i hope that many of you will continue with it.

All the responses should start with "Did you know that..."

Here goes the first one. :thumbsup

Alfredo

Did you know that... on the way to Dagobah (film shot), R2D2 was repainted black instead of blue to avoid becoming transparent because of the bluescreen? :confused

Last edited:
Did you know that Star Wars spelled backwards is Sraw Rats, which doesn't really mean anything?

Did you know Lucas got the idea for Chewbacca one morning in the early ’70s while watching his wife, Marcia, drive off in her car. She had their Alaskan malamute, Indiana, (the name sake for Indiana Jones) with her. Lucas liked the way the large shaggy dog looked in the passenger seat so he decided to create a character in the film that was a cross between Indiana, a bear, and a monkey.

Awesome idea!

Star Wars: Did you know that Jeremy Bulloch wore spurs on the boba costume to make it sound like a western gunslinger.

Awesome idea!

Star Wars: Did you know that Jeremy Bulloch wore spurs on the boba costume to make it sound like a western gunslinger.

Burtt added that sound effect, but there were not spurs on the costume.

(spoilsport post #1) ;)

Did you know R2-D2 was named after Lucas heard a technician from "American Graffiti" ask for Reel number 2, Dialogue track number 2?

Did you know The name of Jawa is simply taken from the Lucas family doctor's name?

D/Y/K In The Empire Strikes Back, Alec Guinness performed all his appearances in six hours !

D/Y/K R2-D2 and C-3PO characters are inspired from the famous comic duo Laurel and Hardy.

did you know that.........

on the superstar destroyer there is a small toy figure as part of the superstructure

on the mothership in ceot3k there is a r2d2

on the copy of the epsilon station in v'ger memory bank, there was a picture of miss piggy

the alluminum falcon shows up at the borg battle in first contact

a cow flies out of the explosion of the tanker in speed 2

a really small poster of star wars and farrah faucett appear in the cockpit of the rebel blockade runner in ANH

there is a r2d2 in the debris field of starfleet ships in star trek 2009

There are a lot of things that are inaccurate in this thread but I've been poopy enough for the time being. ;)

There are a lot of things that are inaccurate in this thread but I've been poopy enough for the time being. ;)

Thanks Treadwell !! :) :thumbsup

It will be good for all of us to be corrected if our sources are not totally right ! :$... please feel free to do so (anybody that finds something not accurate) so all of us will learn "the right thing" :love

Alfredo

Did you know Treadwell is obviously referring to OTHER members, because MY facts are always 100% correct, even when they are not?

George+Lucas.jpg

The story line is taken from Dune. A boy on a desert planet fights an evil emperor who kills his family and has a machine assisted royal henchman who is the boys relative. The boy and his sister have special powers. His teacher is killed and his friend becomes a spice smuggler. He leads an attack and there is an atomic explosion.

The boys story is from Samurai 1,2, & 3. A farmboy is taught to be a samurai by a monk. He has his greatest swordfight at the end of part 3, but doesn't want to kill his opponent.

Leia/Hans is from The Hidden Fortress. Princess on the run with 2 bumbling assistants are helped by bad boy, who she falls for.

Did you know that...
The late Paul Newman was originally cast in the role of Captain Quint in Jaws?

Not true. (spoilsport post #2)

He was one of the actors considered as desirable for the part by author Peter Benchley, but Spielberg's first choice was actually Sterling Hayden. Hayden couldn't do it due to IRS entaglements, so Robert Shaw got the part instead.

Anyway, back to the Star Wars.

Did you know...Due to the limited budget the American cast members and crew (including George Lucas) all decided to fly coach class to England, rather than first class. When Carrie Fisher’s mother Debbie Reynolds heard about this she called George Lucas, complaining about how insulting it was for her daughter to be flying coach. Carrie Fisher was in the room with George Lucas when he took the call, and after a few minutes asked if she could talk to her mother. When George Lucas handed her the phone she simply said, “Mother, I want to fly coach, will you **** off?!” and hung up.

According to IMDB.:lol

Burtt added that sound effect, but there were not spurs on the costume.

(spoilsport post #1) ;)

Did you know that I think the cape Fett had in Empire was to also enhance the gunslinger thing- Clint Eastwood's shawl, or sarape, or whatever he had on, I believe? 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly' maybe?

Brian

Did you know that...I got drunk with Admiral Motti after a convention a few years ago, and during the evening refrained from pretending to force-choke him even once.

That's self-restraint.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back