Did you Disneybound Star Wars Style for Galaxy's Edge or Galactic Starcruiser? If so, post your pictures.

Wore my Han shirt, vest and the main part of my belt( no accessories). Got a little flak going in. It changes depends on whose working. Play it safe or be prepared to walk back to you car and drop stuff off.

Attachments

• 85411054-3C07-476F-B7CC-4CF18FF3E74F.JPG
    85411054-3C07-476F-B7CC-4CF18FF3E74F.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25,424
  • IMG_6262 copy.jpg
    IMG_6262 copy.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,615
  • IMG_6207.jpg
    IMG_6207.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,728
Your Han looks great and by their own standards SHOULDNT have gotten you any flak. Also I think I’ve said it before but I don’t like how Chewie looks in the Disney parks, like a big teddy bear

Wore my Han shirt, vest and the main part of my belt( no accessories). Got a little flak going in. It changes depends on whose working. Play it safe or be prepared to walk back to you car and drop stuff off.

Maybe next time, create a leather pouch you can hook onto the belt and put your personal items in it. Then hand the whole thing to them at security and tell them it’s your Star Wars themed fanny pack. Maybe if it has functionality, it won’t seem so much like a costume accessory.

If I did a GE bounding outfit, I would probably wear shoes like this.

View attachment 1034937

I’m in Florida so my visits will be at the WDW GE. I going to want something that is comfortable for standing and walking for many hours and also something that stays cool.
Hey i saw those on Amazon too !!!

we'd also hit Disneyworld in FA, lately Ive been look at classic hippy linen 3/4 shirts in beige or light gray. Just sizing has been a concern. And some hiking pants and a vest.

Shirt example

Screenshot_20190702-174050_Chrome.jpg

Edit: added picture

Hey i saw those on Amazon too !!!

we'd also hit Disneyworld in FA, lately Ive been look at classic hippy linen 3/4 shirts in beige or light gray. Just sizing has been a concern. And some hiking pants and a vest.

Shirt example

View attachment 1034969

Edit: added picture

My preference would be something more along these lines:

Because there are no visible fasteners like in most Star Wars universe clothing.

Yeah, i saw that and a few others... i think it fits the star wars look better, but the sizing seems all over the place for most of those vendors.

Yes, you got to be careful on some of those amazon shops. I usually only buy from prime stores. But basically that’s the idea I’m thinking about. If not something where the tunic can be modified to remove or cover exposed fasteners.

Last edited:
Looks like it might make for a Batuu citizen. Something you might want to belt or sash around the waist. Looks to full to tuck in.
Agreed. Its got pockets in the seams at the bottom. So that's interesting... i could always have it altered... pray I don't alter it further...

On the rebel legion they're using a item i also saw on Amazon ... classic looking asian shirt, mandarin collar with 3 cloth buttons with a v split to make a poe dameron shirt...

Overall im looking for a light weight Han Solo ANH like shirt... may just get a Solo shirt patern and use muslin as the fabric. May motify to have a ESB like flap on the front...

Here is a web page with some collected images of phone cases customized into datapads:

There really are not many I like. A lot of them suffer from the same problems I have with many custom blasters... poor selected and/or use of greebles.

I think one of the issues is that you trying to be creative on an item that doesn't really have a lot of real screen references makes it difficult. You got to make it look like part of the galaxy.

A friend of mine did a really nice 3D printed case with many little parts. For the most part, it was a clean looking case with some nice design lines and what looked like a power socket on the back. Mostly it was painted black with some weathered metal edge effects. It looked nice but in the end, it just looked like a neat phone case. We had some discussions about it and I think he plans to go back to the drawing board. We both had the same idea of implementing a X-Wing pilot style arm tool/data cylinder into the design. I suggested it be removable and double as a stylus. I think having something easily recognizable in the design will help pull it into the Star Wars universe.

I think another problem I have with the designs is that I think the cases should be a little bulkier and larger. I know most people want their phones smaller but I think trying away from the shape of a cell phone helps sell the premise.

I'd also like to see similar shape changing cases for smart watches.

I thought I'd share what I just made yesterday! I told my wife I was setting out to win the internet. We have an upcoming trip to Disney World (Florida), to visit Galaxy's Edge. We are arriving the day after the dates that were just announced for the Disney World opening of the second main attraction, Rise of the Resistance. First off, I don't want my outfit called into question at the entrance each day, so I'm going in an outfit that fits into the Star Wars Universe, but not going as a specific character. Disney World involves a lot of walking, so I don't want to sacrifice comfort. Rather than wear something Star Wars-esque like my distressed Frye Boots, which are common wardobe props used in the Star Wars films, I wanted a very comfortable casual shoe. I love the ruggedness, comfort, and all day wear offered by a Technical Approach shoe, and I have a couple Arc'teryx brand shoes that are amazing.

So... I thought I'd design a laser cut cover to go under the shoe laces, which covers the orange accents. I also thought it was the perfect opportunity to laser etch the Arc'teryx brand name in Aurebesh for a subtle touch. I know it doesn't scream Star Wars, but I thought it was pretty cool, and I'm relatively sure it's never been done before. I used a tactical waterproof duck canvas in gray, which happens to be a near perfect match to the outside of the shoe itself. I think this looks so good, I may even laser the sides of the shoes themselves.

Please let me know what you think?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back