Did you Disneybound Star Wars Style for Galaxy's Edge or Galactic Starcruiser? If so, post your pictures.

Was anybody at Batuu East last night? A group of friends and I jumped into a group picture by the entrance to the marketplace. I don’t have the picture though so hopefully it shows up on social media eventually

here’s a couple photo pass pictures I got. Second one included for my toddler who didn’t want to pose and instead chomped on her lightsaber in the background
3E5B71A7-4AA2-4D0F-8821-4DB85286023F.jpeg

D1AEDECB-215F-49D1-8BA6-36BACC188EE4.jpeg

Was anybody at Batuu East last night? A group of friends and I jumped into a group picture by the entrance to the marketplace. I don’t have the picture though so hopefully it shows up on social media eventually
Did you stop into dok’s? Did you notice if they had any Kalikori for sale?

Several Legacy lightsabers are now on the shopdisney site. These include the hilt, blade, display stand, and belt clip.

Several Legacy lightsabers are now on the shopdisney site. These include the hilt, blade, display stand, and belt clip.

For you folks who know what the authentic props used on screen looked like, how would you rank these from most accurate to least accurate? I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts about the smaller details (beer tab accuracy, grip accuracy, etc.) AND the larger details (overall hilt length, overall hilt diameter, etc.). In other words, if you only wanted it for a static display piece and didn't care about the "toy" aspects, would you get one to display in your collection? If so, which ones(s)?

For you folks who know what the authentic props used on screen looked like, how would you rank these from most accurate to least accurate? I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts about the smaller details (beer tab accuracy, grip accuracy, etc.) AND the larger details (overall hilt length, overall hilt diameter, etc.). In other words, if you only wanted it for a static display piece and didn't care about the "toy" aspects, would you get one to display in your collection? If so, which ones(s)?
In my experience, they are fun, have some cool features and display well for the money. However, if you are concerned with them being super accurate, these are not the hilts you are looking for. They are considerably larger than the actual props for one thing. Most likely due to production restraints, electronics and to keep cost down. Most people would never know the difference though and would be very happy with them. Those collectible sets are a good value.

For the most part I wouldn't recommend the Disney lightsabers if you want an accurate display piece. They are basically toys. They needed to change dimension on some of them to accommodate a common blade size. Some such as the Graflex style Skywalker, Vader, and Ep 1 Obi Wan required little modification to the dimensions because the shape of the actual props have a big enough diameter. I don't think they were very worried about making the details accurate.

You can find reviews of most of the Disney sabers on Youtube.

In general you can find much better replicas for static display. Are you interested in any certain saber? Some are easier to find good replicas of than others.

In my experience, they are fun, have some cool features and display well for the money. However, if you are concerned with them being super accurate, these are not the hilts you are looking for. They are considerably larger than the actual props for one thing. Most likely due to production restraints, electronics and to keep cost down. Most people would never know the difference though and would be very happy with them. Those collectible sets are a good value.

I agree with this statement. Well said.

For the price, they are very nice replicas.

Also something to consider at an even better price and I think a high level of accuracy is this one..

For the most part I wouldn't recommend the Disney lightsabers if you want an accurate display piece. They are basically toys. They needed to change dimension on some of them to accommodate a common blade size. Some such as the Graflex style Skywalker, Vader, and Ep 1 Obi Wan required little modification to the dimensions because the shape of the actual props have a big enough diameter. I don't think they were very worried about making the details accurate.

You can find reviews of most of the Disney sabers on Youtube.

In general you can find much better replicas for static display. Are you interested in any certain saber? Some are easier to find good replicas of than others.
Absolutely, they are toys. You can find some absolutely fantastic and much more accurate legacy sabers for display that aren’t much more expensive recently highlighted on the RPF. The Princess Leia saber from Anakin Starkiller (At Star’s End) is gorgeous and the MOM of all heroes from BRRogers/7chambers come to mind-and you can install them later…

The Rancor flight arrived from Shop Disney this week, and it looks fantastic. I’m glad I ordered it from there and didn’t pick it up in the park.

I guess I’m going to ship my lightsaber hilt home while we are in Disney too. On one of the Disney FB pages, I just read a few people have had their hilts (and other items) stollen from their luggage at the airport...

The Rancor flight arrived from Shop Disney this week, and it looks fantastic. I’m glad I ordered it from there and didn’t pick it up in the park.

I guess I’m going to ship my lightsaber hilt home while we are in Disney too. On one of the Disney FB pages, I just read a few people have had their hilts (and other items) stollen from their luggage at the airport...
That sucks.. I always fear my bike being ripped off when traveling…

Thanks Grievous :p

Yeah @Obi1Kenobi…
At least from the RoTJ Hero standpoint what they’ve provided are one-off ‘Park Hero’ saber designs. I would call it “Disney Idealized” (Something they do) because I have NO idea how they came to/ got reference from the original… it’s so unique to its own that it’s value would be based completely as a Disney park collectible but I wouldn’t put it anywhere near the top of my list for accuracy. It’s maybe only slightly better or more accurate than SaberForge’s Prodigal Son with even the Chinese Hero’s in front of it (including recast work). The only one way worse that claims accuracy is the Ultra Sabers Archon V3.1

To compare:
I recall when they began selling the Jack Sparrow accessories at the Caribbean gift shop: the rings, compass, and other items were *pretty* accurate and nicely made enough to make them desirable for costuming, and at a relatively reasonable price. They were just not AS accurate as say (again) what members of the likes of TheRPF were producing.

But I digress…
They are cool licensed, *Disney* collectible hilts that are mostly designed to be ‘close enough’ for nostalgia to hit as an impulse buy at the register when you realize your kid might’ve made their own but YOU could get LUKEs! Or REYs! Or Ashoka’s!!!! Etc…

Last edited:
5F0C515B-0AF4-4514-9DFF-9CCA8DFB8DA3.jpeg

This is my Disneybound. I built my lightsaber in June but due to weather and being exhausted and the fact that night comes much later in the summer, I did not get any good photos of me with my lightsaber. Now as a pass holder, we swung by GE at night with my saber. Also since it is now November, I could wear a jacket… Just barely, it was sill in the low 70’s.

It’s not much of a a Disneybound it is just a Poe/Finn jacket over the clothes I wore that day but with the low light, I can pull off some decent photos.

View attachment 1514507

This is my Disneybound. I built my lightsaber in June but due to weather and being exhausted and the fact that night comes much later in the summer, I did not get any good photos of me with my lightsaber. Now as a pass holder, we swung by GE at night with my saber. Also since it is now November, I could wear a jacket… Just barely, it was sill in the low 70’s.

It’s not much of a a Disneybound it is just a Poe/Finn jacket over the clothes I wore that day but with the low light, I can pull off some decent photos.
It’s a great picture! I love the purple lighting effect!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back