Dick Tracy Hat MGM Studios ??

fikisworkshop

I purchased a hat that was used supposedly in the movie Dick Tracy in some capacity? The gentleman worked at MGM studios in Florida in the wardrobe department which is where this hat was stored he told me that it was last used on a display at some point in the 90s to promote the upcoming release of the film I have bought things from MGM studios before and they are notorious for recycling screen used movie props backup props or stuff they didn’t use in that particular park at that time.I have attached some photos please help on any information it use to have a leather liner which was completely destroyed from being in storage and it also looks like it’s had some sort of serial number written with a sharpie in it but I cannot make it out? One thing I know for sure is a definitely was not from any of their dick Tracy shows in the park because those hats were different.

Attachments

• 4EF3A50C-B8A0-4BE9-ABFB-D9E6130967CC.jpeg
    4EF3A50C-B8A0-4BE9-ABFB-D9E6130967CC.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 150
  • 6EE9A106-20EC-4F67-B7BA-5A6B14DA24C1.jpeg
    6EE9A106-20EC-4F67-B7BA-5A6B14DA24C1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 151
  • 799632A8-1CA2-4759-8DB3-FE9DA19801BA.jpeg
    799632A8-1CA2-4759-8DB3-FE9DA19801BA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
Back in the nineties the back stage tour at mgm studios took the tram through the workshop mills and wardrobe areas. There were windows where you could look into the shop area as the tram drove by. In the wardrobe area there were cases on the wall by the windows that had costume examples in them. One case had a Dick Tracy hat and trench coat…

In the early 90’s I was at MGM studios and a Dick Tracy hat was in the front window of a store on the Main Street. I went in to buy one of the hats but there were none to be found. I asked and they said the items in the front display windows weren’t always representative of items for sale in the store. They called another store at MGM and asked if they knew of a store at MGM that had Dick Tracy hats for sale and they said no.

it wasn’t until years later that I wondered if the hat in the window was either from the movie or at least production made.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back