Dick Clark dies at age 82

Sad news. I'm surprised how long he kept up his New Years Rockin' Eve gig. Those are going to be some tough shoes to fill.

I only knew him from new years and the blooper shows in the 80s. Oddly enough American Bandstand wasn't on in this area.

He kept doing the new years eve show, though in a limited capacity, way longer than anybody expected him to I think. I still like to watch old reruns of the $25,000 pyramid too. He was great at hosting that show.

Dick was the first celebrity I ever met and chatted with. I met him back in 1994 while on a family trip to Universal Studios. Suzanne Sommers had a talk show taping on one of the sound stages. Dick was a guest host that day and Chubby Checker was the music guest. Chatted with Dick during one of the breaks for commercials. Great guy. He will be missed :(. RIP Dick. Get them rockin' up there!:cool

Never did see footage from that taping. we were sitting in the front row so probably got some time on camera as well.

I figured he'd outlive me.

Oh I'm sure there's still a few celebrities we can arrange to have outlive you. ;)

There are just some people you are used to having in the world that it's a shock when they are gone, like George Burns, Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, and now Dick Clark.

I figured he'd outlive everybody!

Yeah he just seemed to always be there. I remember some comedian had a bit about him ages ago that said "Dick Clark is so old than in a past life he was Dick Clark."

I used to love his bloopers show and New Years isn't going to be quite the same again.

Grew up with Bandstand. It was always cool to see big groups and acts on a Saturday afternoon dance show. You'd never see that now.
He was always a class act.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back