Sonny Chiba dies at 82

I have seen in mostly in several (more or less) cheesy jidaigeki TV-series and movies from the late '70s and early '80s as the legendary historic swordsman Yagyu Jubei (jap name order).
Funny though, that in one or two episodes, the character fought Hattori Hanzou (jap. name order) - a legendary ninja, which Chiba played in other series (and whose name was the origin to the name of the sushi chef in Kill Bill, but in reverse name-order)

Hirojuki Sanada started out in some of these productions. I've seen mention that Shinichi Chiba would have been like a mentor to him back then.

I've seen pics of Chiba reprising the role of Yagyu Jubei when we was older, but I haven't been able to find what movie that was (it's not on IMDB, and some of the others hadn't been a few years ago either)
Edit: Found it as Sarutobi Sasuke: Shadow Army 4 - Book of Fire (2005), but I don't know where to get it.
Edit: He also reprised Hattori Hanzou (the ninja) at old age, but I haven't found that.

Last edited:
Damn. Just watched Kill Bill a few weeks ago and am right smack in the middle of constructing a Hattori Hanzo Bride's sword.

Gomeifuku wo oinori itashi-masu.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back