Diablo 3

Chevyh0tr0d, lemme get your opinion on something. I just finished the Skeleton King quest on Hell difficulty, everything after that is totally beating me down. Do you think it would be better for me to farm the first part of Act I on Hell difficulty? Or farm Act IV on Nightmare difficulty?

It all depends on your level,class and gear. I think if you were under level 55 and had only decent magical(mostly blues) it might be better to farm ACT IV on nightmare, not as much xp but probably die alot less. However the drops would reflect the difficultly and level of the mobs by this I mean you would probably only get level 40-45 drops max compared to getting level 50 drops in ACT 1 of hell. It also depends on how much you are getting "beat down" a few deaths(5-10 between one story mode boss and another would be expected). So like if you are dying on every group of champions this might be prudent to go farm ACT IV of nightmare. Also any problems you are having with a group of champions and or boss feel free to add me, if I am on I can jump in rape them and leave. I also may have some gear that could help you out. Again this depends on your class and level, but at worst I am not online or have no gear to help you out.

I'm just past the skeleton king on Inferno (yes inferno is insane) but back when I was in hell mode I was really struggling. I was making it through the game but it was slow going with a lot of deaths. The thing that helped me and my recommendation to people struggling is just to research the spec you are using. Turns out the setup I had was pretty terrible and without buying any new gear, just a new spec, helped me clear all the way to Diablo

I'm level 53 right now, and I'm doing all right with everything before the Skeleton King. The only thing I'm really having trouble with are the mob champions. Especially the bastards with invulnerable minions, vampiric health regen, and all that. I'm usually dead before I can do any real damage. My gear is ok, mostly yellow with a couple of orange items, but my DPS really sucks. I've been desperate for a better weapon, so far I've had no luck. I'll be sure to add you next time I'm on! Thanks for the advice.

I'm level 53 right now, and I'm doing all right with everything before the Skeleton King. The only thing I'm really having trouble with are the mob champions. Especially the bastards with invulnerable minions, vampiric health regen, and all that. I'm usually dead before I can do any real damage. My gear is ok, mostly yellow with a couple of orange items, but my DPS really sucks. I've been desperate for a better weapon, so far I've had no luck. I'll be sure to add you next time I'm on! Thanks for the advice.

As far as your gear goes it sounds alright, I am guessing you are a ranged(wizard/demon hunter), as melee(Monk/Barb) have no trouble with vampiric health regen one thing I may suggest is maybe selling your Orange items and getting some yellow, I say this as yellow gear is going to be BIS(Best In Slot) for any character(9 times out of 10). I have read this quite a few times blizzard forums. Also orange gear sells for some much(usually 100k-500k depending on the item and level) this could probably give you the gold to upgrade your weapons. As far as DPS goes it is the same in D2 you want to find that healthy balance of HP and DPS so you can kill a mob before you die.everything else is useless besides Reistance to all in Inferno.

Last edited:
Yeah, last night I decided to check out the Auction House, ended up selling my Legendary items (I had grown out of them), and purchased a crossbow that doubled my DPS. Now I'm tearing through the rest of Act I on Hell difficulty, with less trouble. And yes, I'm using a ranged character, Demon Hunter.

Yeah, last night I decided to check out the Auction House, ended up selling my Legendary items (I had grown out of them), and purchased a crossbow that doubled my DPS. Now I'm tearing through the rest of Act I on Hell difficulty, with less trouble. And yes, I'm using a ranged character, Demon Hunter.

That is good. I say this now for anyone else as you have probably already gotten 60 or close to it. As far as the Auction House goes here is a pretty simple solution that works for most of my friends.

Every 5 or 6 levels upgrade your weapon(s) and shield
Every 8 or 9 levels upgrade your armor and jewelery pieces(amulet,rings)

This formula is more for your 1st character as once you get a 2nd or a 3rd you can farm gold, and drops that sell for insane amounts once you get a 60

Level 10-20 spend no more then 2.5-5k on a piece of gear
Level 20-30 spend no more then 5-10k on a piece of gear
Level 30-40 spend no more then 10k-15k on a piece gear
Level 40-50 spend no more then 25k on a piece of gear
Level 50-60 spend no more then 30-40k on a piece of gear

You can always spend a little more then this for a better piece of gear. This formula does not apply to weapons as something you have always wanted in Diablo 1, Diablo 2 and D3 to get a max dps weapon to kill something quickly(basically kill it b4 it kills you). However so you do not go broke doing this so always try to find the best dps you can for the amount you want to spend. And obviously spending 100k on a level 30-40 weapon is useless as you will out grow it within a day or 2.

I use this formula as you want to make sure you are always making a profit of selling yellows/blues on the auction house. Another great way to make gold believe it or not is all the junk blue drops you get pick up, you can always use a town portal vendor it all then come back to your spot in the dungeon. 1-2 Minutes out of your day can net you thousands of gold, just for returning to town to vendor junky blue drops. You want to make sure by the time you hit 40-50 you have 100-200k gold on your account. and 50-60 you have 200-400k.

I hope this info helps those out there just starting

Been playing since beta as well. Started Act 1 Hell last night on my monk. I had to mess with gems and my build as my health was pretty low and I'd get killed in one hit. Now that I am over 12k health I can survive longer. Just have to kite stuff around instead of just standing there hitting stuff.

I have got this far without buying one thing from the auction house. It's more of a pride thing to see if I can get to inferno on stuff I find myself. I am getting terrible luck on legendaries though. I've only found one and it's a two handed mace. So threw that towards my barbarian character.

I am going to scream. I just got hacked and lost everything. Just got the damn game on the 29th got my barb to level 42 and now I am in my skivvy. I was set up as a killer tank with my socket-ed armor. this really suck the desire out of playing. I submitted a ticket to see if my account can get rolled back.....

I am going to scream. I just got hacked and lost everything. Just got the damn game on the 29th got my barb to level 42 and now I am in my skivvy. I was set up as a killer tank with my socket-ed armor. this really suck the desire out of playing. I submitted a ticket to see if my account can get rolled back.....

This has been happening quite a bit, as of late Amish. Blizzard is still working on a fix for the trick people are doing to hack your account. Usually they will roll back your account but it can take 2 or 3 days before it completes between the communication of talking to GM(Game Master) and blizzard actually doing the roll back. In the mean time if you need some new barb gear or gold to get some new gear add me Chevyjamesdean@hotmail.com and hit me up I maybe able to give you some gear(hard to keep track of what I have as I have 5 mule characters full of stuff) however I am more then willing to give you 100k or so to get some temp gear, till the roll back happens

Oh that would be great! It is my only and first character and I was just floored. I keep reading about an authenticator. Are those worth it?

Oh that would be great! It is my only and first character and I was just floored. I keep reading about an authenticator. Are those worth it?
I think you just found out. Yes, they're worth it. You can get either the physical token (I've got one of those), or the mobile version that runs on iPhone or Android. While not completely hack-proof, they do significantly reduce the chances of it happening, since it's much harder to work around.

I'd also look at finding out how they got in in the first place. It's usually through phishing or a keylogger or something.

Amish Trooper, the authenticator is def worth it. And if you have a smart phone, the app is free. After reading about all the hacked accounts, I got one. And as Jedi2016 mentioned, it's not 100% hack-proof, but you're way less likely to get hacked with it.

And Chevy, I'll go ahead and add you. And Amish, if you want to add me, my battletag thingy is DoctorWade#1741.

I hope the gear and gold I gave you Amish helps you get back up and running, so in case Blizzard can not roll back your account(very very rare) you can at least be back at almost full steam.

I picked up Diablo 3 last week. It was my first time playing the series.

It is ok. :facepalm

I could see how someone who is playing the series for the first time might not enjoy Diablo 3 as much as someone who is a huge fan of the first two. I think nostalgia plays a part in why I enjoy D3 so much. I had so much fun as a kid playing the first two, and 3 is a nearly identical experience. :)

I could see how someone who is playing the series for the first time might not enjoy Diablo 3 as much as someone who is a huge fan of the first two. I think nostalgia plays a part in why I enjoy D3 so much. I had so much fun as a kid playing the first two, and 3 is a nearly identical experience. :)

I agree for the most part, just miss the paladin!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back