Diablo 3

Scareb

Sr Member
So Diablo 3 got its official release date announced today for May 15 2012.

Is anyone going to pick this up? Also are you going to get it on PC or wait and see if they actually end up doing a console port of the game.

Ahhh, I saw this a bit earlier, FINALLY. I've been having a blast with the beta, and I can't wait to get my hands on the full game. I plan on picking up the Collector's Edition. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the game ran flawlessly with all graphical settings maxed out, on my machine I built over 4 years ago. You can really tell they've spent a ton of time polishing and making sure they got everything right.

As for a console version, I wouldn't hold my breath. Blizzard hasn't actually confirmed any plans for a console release, and even if they did, we probably wouldn't see a release for at least another year.

Bought a new computer specifically for Diablo III. I've been playing DII+Expansion just to get back into the groove. :lol

late to the party but got this yesterday. I worked up to barbarian 17 last night . If anyone is wanting to create a group party pm me your contact info.

I just started working my way through on Hell difficulty. Nightmare wasn't too bad, Hell is pretty insane. I can't even imagine how ridiculous Inferno difficulty must be.

I haven't played a PC game for 20 years, and a game like this is exactly what I've been trying to avoid. But my sister's boyfriend gave me one of his guest passes, and I was all like, "NO, DON'T GIVE THAT TO ME!!!!" But I took it, played it, and was instantly hooked. I bought the full version on Saturday afternoon and spent all of the holiday weekend playing. Level 24 Monk. It's so addicting.

I got a pretty decent laptop a few months ago, and the only problem I have is a little bit of slowdown when things get hectic. the only setting that isn't at maximum are the shadow levels, which I changed to low.

I haven't played a PC game for 20 years, and a game like this is exactly what I've been trying to avoid. But my sister's boyfriend gave me one of his guest passes, and I was all like, "NO, DON'T GIVE THAT TO ME!!!!" But I took it, played it, and was instantly hooked. I bought the full version on Saturday afternoon and spent all of the holiday weekend playing. Level 24 Monk. It's so addicting.

My friend tricked me in exactly the same fashion. I'm only up to level 18 though with a wizard.

wait, why is hell difficulty easier than inferno? that makes no sense whatsoever :D

beats me, i was thinking the same thing.

normal < nightmare < hell < inferno

i figured hell would be the highest difficulty level, that's how it was in D2, wasn't it?

i figured hell would be the highest difficulty level, that's how it was in D2, wasn't it?

It was in both Diablo 1 and 2. Inferno is a new difficulty level and is the hardest setting. Considering that inferno is latin/spanish for hell, they could have picked something less confusing. "Apocalypse", "Armageddon", or "I am Death Incarnate!" would have been my picks :)

Ok here is how it went in D2

Normal<Nightmare<Hell

with D3 they introduced "Inferno" the new hardest difficulty for this new release"

The reason Inferno is so hard is because the mobs are actually level 6. Also this part is the same in D2 every higher difficulty you do Resistances decrease. So this means a fire or poison that may be hitting you for 3000 damage in normal with 50-90 resistance to that particular element. In Inferno if you were getting with the same spell the damage would be multiplied by how much ever less resistance you have. You can clearly view your resistance for any difficulty by going into a game in that difficulty(Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno) and checking your resistance in your character details sheet

As far as melee class(barb and monk) you want to look for gear that has str or dex(whichever you may use) vitality and reistance to all as you should have 150-200 reistance(on your character details) for preparing for inferno mode. You also want to have atleast 40k hp. 50k is a good amount to have 60k is great and 70k will make inferno "easier". I do not think I have heard of anyone breaking 75 or 80k Hp yet.

This is what I have been reading on the forums as far as inferno goes most people can solo the 1st 1/4 of act 1(just past skeleton king) solo, and maybe higher. However if you attempt the harder story mode bosses such as the final act 1 boss "the butcher" you may still be able to solo but you will be kiting(MMO Term) for 30 minutes.

Anyone playing feel free to add me on battle log chevyjamesdean@hotmail.com

I currently have a 60 barb I am getting geared up for ACT 2,3,4 of Inferno

Last edited:
This is what I have been reading on the forums as far as inferno goes most people can solo the 1st 1/4 of act 1(just past skeleton king) solo, and maybe higher. However if you attempt the harder story mode bosses such as the final act 1 boss "the butcher" you may still be able to solo but you will be kiting(MMO Term) for 30 minutes.

Well damn. That sounds... intense.

Well damn. That sounds... intense.

They did this to change over from the ease of D2 once you hit 70 and had full runeword sets(Engima/Breath of the Dying/Heart of the Oak) and could just solo everything even Baal on Hell Mode, as they want this one to be a more true "MMO" they actually want you to play with others to succeed in the game. Do not worry though pulse once the new expansion comes out Winter 2012/1st Quarter 2013 and your level is raised to 70 or 80 you can very solo all of inferno ACT 1-4 with relative ease. As I am sure with the new expansion will come a new act or another higher difficulty setting, either of which will make it just as hard to play solo!!!

They did this to change over from the ease of D2 once you hit 70 and had full runeword sets(Engima/Breath of the Dying/Heart of the Oak) and could just solo everything even Baal on Hell Mode, as they want this one to be a more true "MMO" they actually want you to play with others to succeed in the game. Do not worry though pulse once the new expansion comes out Winter 2012/1st Quarter 2013 and your level is raised to 70 or 80 you can very solo all of inferno ACT 1-4 with relative ease. As I am sure with the new expansion will come a new act or another higher difficulty setting, either of which will make it just as hard to play solo!!!

I wonder if they'll be introducing any new classes? Maybe some classic classes from D1/D2?

I wonder if they'll be introducing any new classes? Maybe some classic classes from D1/D2?

No Idea no annoucements have been made yet on what they will be doing for it. But ya it definately would be nice I would love to have another "zealdin"

the only thing they have offically announced is the release date is Winter 2012/1st Quater 2013(unless it is delayed like Colonial Marines:cry)

Chevyh0tr0d, lemme get your opinion on something. I just finished the Skeleton King quest on Hell difficulty, everything after that is totally beating me down. Do you think it would be better for me to farm the first part of Act I on Hell difficulty? Or farm Act IV on Nightmare difficulty?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back