Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Scareb, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

So Diablo 3 got its official release date announced today for May 15 2012.

Is anyone going to pick this up? Also are you going to get it on PC or wait and see if they actually end up doing a console port of the game.

2. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ahhh, I saw this a bit earlier, FINALLY. I've been having a blast with the beta, and I can't wait to get my hands on the full game. I plan on picking up the Collector's Edition. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the game ran flawlessly with all graphical settings maxed out, on my machine I built over 4 years ago. You can really tell they've spent a ton of time polishing and making sure they got everything right.

As for a console version, I wouldn't hold my breath. Blizzard hasn't actually confirmed any plans for a console release, and even if they did, we probably wouldn't see a release for at least another year.

3. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Bought a new computer specifically for Diablo III. I've been playing DII+Expansion just to get back into the groove. :lol

4. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

late to the party but got this yesterday. I worked up to barbarian 17 last night . If anyone is wanting to create a group party pm me your contact info.

5. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

got new graphics card. looking pretty good so far

6. aeonpulse

I just started working my way through on Hell difficulty. Nightmare wasn't too bad, Hell is pretty insane. I can't even imagine how ridiculous Inferno difficulty must be.

7. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

What card are you using? My 2 8800gtx sc are handling this game with no issues

8. aeonpulse

I only have one 8800gtx, 2.4 Intel Quad Core, and 4GB of ram. I'm able to run it at 1920x1080 resolution, graphics maxed out, with no issues at all.

9. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

Yeah it doesn't seem to be a taxing game.

10. MooMooEgg

MooMooEgg Sr Member

I haven't played a PC game for 20 years, and a game like this is exactly what I've been trying to avoid. But my sister's boyfriend gave me one of his guest passes, and I was all like, "NO, DON'T GIVE THAT TO ME!!!!" But I took it, played it, and was instantly hooked. I bought the full version on Saturday afternoon and spent all of the holiday weekend playing. Level 24 Monk. It's so addicting.

I got a pretty decent laptop a few months ago, and the only problem I have is a little bit of slowdown when things get hectic. the only setting that isn't at maximum are the shadow levels, which I changed to low.

11. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

wait, why is hell difficulty easier than inferno? that makes no sense whatsoever :D

12. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

My friend tricked me in exactly the same fashion. I'm only up to level 18 though with a wizard.

13. aeonpulse

beats me, i was thinking the same thing.

normal < nightmare < hell < inferno

i figured hell would be the highest difficulty level, that's how it was in D2, wasn't it?

14. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

It was in both Diablo 1 and 2. Inferno is a new difficulty level and is the hardest setting. Considering that inferno is latin/spanish for hell, they could have picked something less confusing. "Apocalypse", "Armageddon", or "I am Death Incarnate!" would have been my picks :)

15. Chevyh0tr0d

Chevyh0tr0d Well-Known Member

Ok here is how it went in D2

Normal<Nightmare<Hell

with D3 they introduced "Inferno" the new hardest difficulty for this new release"

The reason Inferno is so hard is because the mobs are actually level 6. Also this part is the same in D2 every higher difficulty you do Resistances decrease. So this means a fire or poison that may be hitting you for 3000 damage in normal with 50-90 resistance to that particular element. In Inferno if you were getting with the same spell the damage would be multiplied by how much ever less resistance you have. You can clearly view your resistance for any difficulty by going into a game in that difficulty(Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno) and checking your resistance in your character details sheet

As far as melee class(barb and monk) you want to look for gear that has str or dex(whichever you may use) vitality and reistance to all as you should have 150-200 reistance(on your character details) for preparing for inferno mode. You also want to have atleast 40k hp. 50k is a good amount to have 60k is great and 70k will make inferno "easier". I do not think I have heard of anyone breaking 75 or 80k Hp yet.

This is what I have been reading on the forums as far as inferno goes most people can solo the 1st 1/4 of act 1(just past skeleton king) solo, and maybe higher. However if you attempt the harder story mode bosses such as the final act 1 boss "the butcher" you may still be able to solo but you will be kiting(MMO Term) for 30 minutes.

Anyone playing feel free to add me on battle log chevyjamesdean@hotmail.com

I currently have a 60 barb I am getting geared up for ACT 2,3,4 of Inferno

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  16. aeonpulse

Well *. That sounds... intense.

17. Chevyh0tr0d

They did this to change over from the ease of D2 once you hit 70 and had full runeword sets(Engima/Breath of the Dying/Heart of the Oak) and could just solo everything even Baal on Hell Mode, as they want this one to be a more true "MMO" they actually want you to play with others to succeed in the game. Do not worry though pulse once the new expansion comes out Winter 2012/1st Quarter 2013 and your level is raised to 70 or 80 you can very solo all of inferno ACT 1-4 with relative ease. As I am sure with the new expansion will come a new act or another higher difficulty setting, either of which will make it just as hard to play solo!!!

18. aeonpulse

I wonder if they'll be introducing any new classes? Maybe some classic classes from D1/D2?

19. Chevyh0tr0d

No Idea no annoucements have been made yet on what they will be doing for it. But ya it definately would be nice I would love to have another "zealdin"

the only thing they have offically announced is the release date is Winter 2012/1st Quater 2013(unless it is delayed like Colonial Marines:cry)

20. aeonpulse

Chevyh0tr0d, lemme get your opinion on something. I just finished the Skeleton King quest on Hell difficulty, everything after that is totally beating me down. Do you think it would be better for me to farm the first part of Act I on Hell difficulty? Or farm Act IV on Nightmare difficulty?

21. Chevyh0tr0d

It all depends on your level,class and gear. I think if you were under level 55 and had only decent magical(mostly blues) it might be better to farm ACT IV on nightmare, not as much xp but probably die alot less. However the drops would reflect the difficultly and level of the mobs by this I mean you would probably only get level 40-45 drops max compared to getting level 50 drops in ACT 1 of hell. It also depends on how much you are getting "beat down" a few deaths(5-10 between one story mode boss and another would be expected). So like if you are dying on every group of champions this might be prudent to go farm ACT IV of nightmare. Also any problems you are having with a group of champions and or boss feel free to add me, if I am on I can jump in rape them and leave. I also may have some gear that could help you out. Again this depends on your class and level, but at worst I am not online or have no gear to help you out.

22. Bassket

Bassket New Member

I'm just past the skeleton king on Inferno (yes inferno is insane) but back when I was in hell mode I was really struggling. I was making it through the game but it was slow going with a lot of deaths. The thing that helped me and my recommendation to people struggling is just to research the spec you are using. Turns out the setup I had was pretty terrible and without buying any new gear, just a new spec, helped me clear all the way to Diablo

23. aeonpulse

I'm level 53 right now, and I'm doing all right with everything before the Skeleton King. The only thing I'm really having trouble with are the mob champions. Especially the bastards with invulnerable minions, vampiric health regen, and all that. I'm usually dead before I can do any real damage. My gear is ok, mostly yellow with a couple of orange items, but my DPS really sucks. I've been desperate for a better weapon, so far I've had no luck. I'll be sure to add you next time I'm on! Thanks for the advice.

24. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

I had integrated graphics in my HP desktop. I now have a GeForce GTX 570.

25. Chevyh0tr0d

As far as your gear goes it sounds alright, I am guessing you are a ranged(wizard/demon hunter), as melee(Monk/Barb) have no trouble with vampiric health regen one thing I may suggest is maybe selling your Orange items and getting some yellow, I say this as yellow gear is going to be BIS(Best In Slot) for any character(9 times out of 10). I have read this quite a few times blizzard forums. Also orange gear sells for some much(usually 100k-500k depending on the item and level) this could probably give you the gold to upgrade your weapons. As far as DPS goes it is the same in D2 you want to find that healthy balance of HP and DPS so you can kill a mob before you die.everything else is useless besides Reistance to all in Inferno.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  26. aeonpulse

Yeah, last night I decided to check out the Auction House, ended up selling my Legendary items (I had grown out of them), and purchased a crossbow that doubled my DPS. Now I'm tearing through the rest of Act I on Hell difficulty, with less trouble. And yes, I'm using a ranged character, Demon Hunter.

27. Chevyh0tr0d

That is good. I say this now for anyone else as you have probably already gotten 60 or close to it. As far as the Auction House goes here is a pretty simple solution that works for most of my friends.

Every 5 or 6 levels upgrade your weapon(s) and shield
    Every 8 or 9 levels upgrade your armor and jewelery pieces(amulet,rings)

This formula is more for your 1st character as once you get a 2nd or a 3rd you can farm gold, and drops that sell for insane amounts once you get a 60

Level 10-20 spend no more then 2.5-5k on a piece of gear
    Level 20-30 spend no more then 5-10k on a piece of gear
    Level 30-40 spend no more then 10k-15k on a piece gear
    Level 40-50 spend no more then 25k on a piece of gear
    Level 50-60 spend no more then 30-40k on a piece of gear

You can always spend a little more then this for a better piece of gear. This formula does not apply to weapons as something you have always wanted in Diablo 1, Diablo 2 and D3 to get a max dps weapon to kill something quickly(basically kill it b4 it kills you). However so you do not go broke doing this so always try to find the best dps you can for the amount you want to spend. And obviously spending 100k on a level 30-40 weapon is useless as you will out grow it within a day or 2.

I use this formula as you want to make sure you are always making a profit of selling yellows/blues on the auction house. Another great way to make gold believe it or not is all the junk blue drops you get pick up, you can always use a town portal vendor it all then come back to your spot in the dungeon. 1-2 Minutes out of your day can net you thousands of gold, just for returning to town to vendor junky blue drops. You want to make sure by the time you hit 40-50 you have 100-200k gold on your account. and 50-60 you have 200-400k.

I hope this info helps those out there just starting

28. Arkamis

Arkamis Well-Known Member

Been playing since beta as well. Started Act 1 Hell last night on my monk. I had to mess with gems and my build as my health was pretty low and I'd get killed in one hit. Now that I am over 12k health I can survive longer. Just have to kite stuff around instead of just standing there hitting stuff.

I have got this far without buying one thing from the auction house. It's more of a pride thing to see if I can get to inferno on stuff I find myself. I am getting terrible luck on legendaries though. I've only found one and it's a two handed mace. So threw that towards my barbarian character.

29. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

I am going to scream. I just got hacked and lost everything. Just got the * game on the 29th got my barb to level 42 and now I am in my skivvy. I was set up as a killer tank with my socket-ed armor. this really suck the desire out of playing. I submitted a ticket to see if my account can get rolled back.....

30. Chevyh0tr0d

This has been happening quite a bit, as of late Amish. Blizzard is still working on a fix for the trick people are doing to hack your account. Usually they will roll back your account but it can take 2 or 3 days before it completes between the communication of talking to GM(Game Master) and blizzard actually doing the roll back. In the mean time if you need some new barb gear or gold to get some new gear add me Chevyjamesdean@hotmail.com and hit me up I maybe able to give you some gear(hard to keep track of what I have as I have 5 mule characters full of stuff) however I am more then willing to give you 100k or so to get some temp gear, till the roll back happens

31. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

Oh that would be great! It is my only and first character and I was just floored. I keep reading about an authenticator. Are those worth it?

32. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Sr Member

I think you just found out. Yes, they're worth it. You can get either the physical token (I've got one of those), or the mobile version that runs on iPhone or Android. While not completely hack-proof, they do significantly reduce the chances of it happening, since it's much harder to work around.

I'd also look at finding out how they got in in the first place. It's usually through phishing or a keylogger or something.

33. Chevyh0tr0d

Amish I think I accidently denied it, send one more. Sorry bud clickin to fast while killing stuff

34. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

I just submitted your email again and get the error message "This acct. is already a friend" 317201. So I am guessing you accepted it

35. aeonpulse

Amish Trooper, the authenticator is def worth it. And if you have a smart phone, the app is free. After reading about all the hacked accounts, I got one. And as Jedi2016 mentioned, it's not 100% hack-proof, but you're way less likely to get hacked with it.

And Chevy, I'll go ahead and add you. And Amish, if you want to add me, my battletag thingy is DoctorWade#1741.

36. Chevyh0tr0d

Right on I guess it was just slow to show up, no idea as to why usually it is instant. Also pulse got your request and you are added as well.

37. Chevyh0tr0d

I hope the gear and gold I gave you Amish helps you get back up and running, so in case Blizzard can not roll back your account(very very rare) you can at least be back at almost full steam.

38. MrTheodore

MrTheodore New Member

I picked up Diablo 3 last week. It was my first time playing the series.

It is ok. :facepalm

39. aeonpulse

I could see how someone who is playing the series for the first time might not enjoy Diablo 3 as much as someone who is a huge fan of the first two. I think nostalgia plays a part in why I enjoy D3 so much. I had so much fun as a kid playing the first two, and 3 is a nearly identical experience. :)

40. Chevyh0tr0d

I agree for the most part, just miss the paladin!

41. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Ordered a new laptop today. Should be up and running on Diablo 3 around the 20th.

42. Chevyh0tr0d

Cool when you are feel free to add me. I do not mind helping with any help you may need, from gear to killing a boss etc.

43. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Not only is the mobile app free, but it also produces a longer code which will make hacking your account harder.

44. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Cool. I'll make sure to get some friend requests out once I'm up and running.

45. Aenigma

Aenigma New Member

I need to get this game lol but need to wait until payday grrr.

Loved the other games, how does it compare to them?

Thanks Amanda

46. Chevyh0tr0d

It is Diablo 2, with new story line. Also no Paladin, Assassin class. Also the rune word whoring is gone now runes are used in skills. Other then those small changes of which I like the runes being used in skills, I love the game. I just still miss my Zeal and Hammer Pally :cry:cry

47. MrTheodore

MrTheodore New Member

What brand of laptop did you order?

48. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

Big thanks to Chevy giving me the ability to get back into the game. I admit after doing all that work and then getting hacked really chapped my * but thanks to his generous help I am back and better. I do recommend anybody playing this to get the free authenticator app. It only adds 1 more step to logging but in my opinion is well worth it. Maybe we should start posting our main builds here to get an idea how everyone is running

49. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Alienware Mx18

50. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

I almost went with that but decided to go with the Asus g73sw-xa1 but just sold that for family funds