Dexter's Kill Bag and Tools

My small thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me with my collection...

James Doakes Memorial Service Flyer!

http://imgur.com/ZYpiySr

I know this should probably be posted in the paper props thread and I'll gladly post it there instead but I think it will reach more people here.

Thank you all again for your hard work into finding all of these amazing props!

It's still in the digital-only phase. I had deteriorating quality problems with my machinist and have decided to stop ordering from him. However, I am going to convert my milling machine to CNC sometime in October, so I should be able to tool up and cut any of the knives myself. I'll update here when that happens.

The only way a sharpened edge will stay sharp is with heat treating. The stainless I use isn't heat treatable. I'm open to trying other stainless steels, but it will cost quite a bit more. No clue right now, but in the area of $500 probably isn't too far off.

I don't know what you plan on using it for that it needs to be sharp, but the edge as-machined is fairly sharp already.

Good that the thread still lives on. Im interested as well in all sorts of stuff so please keep the updates coming :)

I'm thinking of making the garrote Dexter uses but could use some input if any of you have made it.
Piano wire? Length? Thickness? What about the wood handles? How to fasten the wire inside the handles?

I have somany questions...

Hi all, sorry to bump this thread but I had a pretty random find today.

I am in the process of moving, and while packing I found my old knife roll bag. I received it from my aunt about 10 years ago while i was attending culinary school. I remembered her telling me the bag is popular amongst chefs and is high quality but i stuck with my big red toolbox and this bag just sat around.

I watched Dexter and even joked with a friend that i have the same kill bag somewhere.

Well I decided to check amazon and the price was what i thought, ~40$. Same bag in image. Then i start reading reviews and see this guy saying its not as pictured, he was disappointed because he wanted the version with the yellow embroidered Messermeister logo and navy blue line, the one from Dexter..

... the one that's sitting next to me as i'm reading his despairing review.

So that's how i ended up here, digging up this burried thread, i didnt read all 100 pages but i read enough to assume it's pretty rare at this point.

I would just like to ask what the serious collectors would value the original style of Messermeister knife roll bag to be worth.

Just the bag, no futura knives. Tho i do have a broken spatula..

Last edited:
Glad to see that this topic haven't died yet. But anyway, I'ce decided to put together my own set of kill tools because I recently managed to get hold of an original discontinued Messermeister 12 Pocket Knife Roll Bag with the show accurate yellow stitching compared to the newer one with white. So I bought all of the Mundial Future knives for about $90 for all of them. (Not sure if I got them very cheap or is it me?) And also purchased a bone saw. So now I just need the small bone saw, special cut Global Spatula, Kill knife and of course the Shears. Will post updates in the future.

mundial.jpg

mundial 2.jpg

kill tols.jpg

kill tols 2.jpg

kill tols 3.jpg

Hey guys looking for the future mundial cleaver. I put up a WTB here please hit me up if you have one for sale

I'm a little late to the thread, and this maybe a shot in the dark, but If anyone has a Mundial Future Cleaver or a Kill Knife they are willing to sell please DM me.

Also, I may have found The RACHIOTOMY Bone Saw. I should know by tomorrow.

The handle posted above seems to be straighter. I'm betting they're customs. :angry
Not customs... They are Future Mundial sets and mostly not available unless you try Ebay or get lucky somewhere else. They can easily be made to scale with a dremel and if you want to make it out of plastic or something, that's fine but I go for quality and can make anyone a 1/6th set of these kind of knives as a killbag set. I've been working on this since that last post.

Alright guys so this is my progress so far. I was super lucky to find an original Messermeister Knife Bag with yellow stitching and dark blue line which started my hunt for the other knives.

IMG_20211005_152228.jpg

So far I've got the Mundial Future Boning Knife and the Bread knife with the 2 Chef's knives on their way. I also got a bonesaw.

IMG_20211004_124155__01.jpg

I've also managed to track down the Global spatula which I will have professionally cut using the blueprints listed in the pictures.

received_234709601969266.gif

The crown jewel however is definitely my Kill Knife which just arrived a few days ago and looks amazing.

IMG_20211004_124517__02.jpg

I also managed to find The Messermeister Poultry Sheers.

As for the Mundial Future Meat Cleaver it has proven to be very hard to find. However I'm always on the lookout.

As for the Small Bonesaw I've come to terms that the only way to get an accurate saw is to simply make it yourself or have it made. Which is why I'm also including some blueprints and measurements of the Small Bonesaw which will hopefully be of use to anyone still looking to put together their own set of kill tools.

Aktiv 9-100.jpg

929BC934-52BF-4620-A9CE-C728FBB34847.jpeg
Stuff I have acquired for Dexter’s Kill Bag
• Mundial Future 8 inch Chef Knife
• Mundial Future 6 inch Chef Knife
• Mundial Future 6 inch Boning Knife
• Mundial Future Bread Knife
• Cuisinart Cleaver (until I can find a Mundial Future Cleaver)
• Large Bone Saw: bought a vintage Sklar, similar to the Satterlee but without the bump on the spine.
• Small Bone Saw: it is a thin rounded tip vintage charriere saw that I hope to shorten to resemble the Thermo Scientific Rachiotomy saw, until I can find a real one)

Last edited:
Alright guys so this is my progress so far. I was super lucky to find an original Messermeister Knife Bag with yellow stitching and dark blue line which started my hunt for the other knives.

View attachment 1500769

So far I've got the Mundial Future Boning Knife and the Bread knife with the 2 Chef's knives on their way. I also got a bonesaw.

View attachment 1500771

I've also managed to track down the Global spatula which I will have professionally cut using the blueprints listed in the pictures.

View attachment 1500772

The crown jewel however is definitely my Kill Knife which just arrived a few days ago and looks amazing.

View attachment 1500773
I also managed to find The Messermeister Poultry Sheers.

As for the Mundial Future Meat Cleaver it has proven to be very hard to find. However I'm always on the lookout.

As for the Small Bonesaw I've come to terms that the only way to get an accurate saw is to simply make it yourself or have it made. Which is why I'm also including some blueprints and measurements of the Small Bonesaw which will hopefully be of use to anyone still looking to put together their own set of kill tools.

View attachment 1500774
Amazing job! I'm sure those sketches will come in handy.

Also congrats everybody for 2500 replies on this thread!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back