Dexter Season Six (SPOILERS)

she may just let him be and carry out his own justice as well, since its her brother and she is in love with him. just like Dexter told her in the episode before "keep an open mind" if dexter actually sits down with Deb and tells her that it was Harry that taught him this, the man she looked up to so much i think she is just going to let it be. But Dexter can't just go into hiding, he's gotta keep killing, providing for his son, and clearly go after louis when he starts killing which i think will make for a great season, a guy that seems to know everything about dexter and now will become his enemy? just ahhh the thing with deb knowing and louis definitely being the killer next season....he may go back to the beginning maybe doing ITK kills?? or Dexter kills to innocent people and with deb knowing start to think dexter doesn't only kill killers, but also innocent people if thats what louis does....who knows lol. we have a while to wait. in the mean time we need to ID the cargo pants from last night.

Dexter could always kill deb... naaaah. But it makes me wonder would he put her life on the line to survive.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

I am re-watching them all over again too, just started season 3 again, what i love is my friend modified my nintendo wii (no one better not diss on that system because it is not just a kids console, has some of the best games) which allows me to hook up an external HD with all my shows on it and just watch it off that, but yea another 9 months to wait again is a long long time

I am re-watching them all over again too, just started season 3 again, what i love is my friend modified my nintendo wii (no one better not diss on that system because it is not just a kids console, has some of the best games) which allows me to hook up an external HD with all my shows on it and just watch it off that, but yea another 9 months to wait again is a long long time

Yea I d that with my ps3

Rule #1, don't get caught! but he won't kill her, i think it will take her time to process it all but will be ok with it for a while until somehow his secret is exposed entirely by someone else and Deb helps him get away??? I mean they are doing 2 entire seasons to wrap up the "oh god" moment. so i think its going to be interesting, and we know he is going to be wearing the 5.11's next season so we know he will be killing. Louis is goin down imo!!
Dexter could always kill deb... naaaah. But it makes me wonder would he put her life on the line to survive.

Rule #1, don't get caught! but he won't kill her, i think it will take her time to process it all but will be ok with it for a while until somehow his secret is exposed entirely by someone else and Deb helps him get away??? I mean they are doing 2 entire seasons to wrap up the "oh god" moment. so i think its going to be interesting, and we know he is going to be wearing the 5.11's next season so we know he will be killing. Louis is goin down imo!!

Dex still hasn't found the arm in his apartment yet can't wait to see hes reaction!!

highly doubtful louis will just be left out, the arc they built with him was great, the serial killer game (mentioning the BHB to Dex) obsessed with Dex, forgetting about the video game world "vicarious thrill" to move on to better things to be "remembered by" and buying and marking up the ITK hand and sending it to Dex, about to leave Miami Metro but gets Masuka to get him part time work clearly to keep tabs on Dex. He is definitely going to be a big part of next season i think, and i just have a feeling he has some relation to Dexter somehow, or just knows who he really is and is going to do whatever it takes to make Dex notice him. Hell they could go the Mr. Brooks way...Louis maybe following Dexter to a kill, snapping some shots, and later on approaching Dexter, forcing him to teach him to kill or he will go to the cops....just another theory, but Louis wouldn't last long if he is close to Dex next season, if he is a killer he does have access that overpowers Dex, the internet, which lets face it Dex uses so much for just about everything he does, but in the last few episodes he didn't seem to be using "Elliot" which has to be Louis' search engine. has to be. again, just my theories.

I can't see either happening. In fact, if anyone was going to catch Dexter and make him accountable (legally, that is) I think he'd want it to be Deb. Anyone else, yeah, he'd throw 'em under the bus to save himself. But not Deb.

highly doubtful louis will just be left out, the arc they built with him was great, the serial killer game (mentioning the BHB to Dex) obsessed with Dex, forgetting about the video game world "vicarious thrill" to move on to better things to be "remembered by" and buying and marking up the ITK hand and sending it to Dex, about to leave Miami Metro but gets Masuka to get him part time work clearly to keep tabs on Dex. He is definitely going to be a big part of next season i think, and i just have a feeling he has some relation to Dexter somehow, or just knows who he really is and is going to do whatever it takes to make Dex notice him. Hell they could go the Mr. Brooks way...Louis maybe following Dexter to a kill, snapping some shots, and later on approaching Dexter, forcing him to teach him to kill or he will go to the cops....just another theory, but Louis wouldn't last long if he is close to Dex next season, if he is a killer he does have access that overpowers Dex, the internet, which lets face it Dex uses so much for just about everything he does, but in the last few episodes he didn't seem to be using "Elliot" which has to be Louis' search engine. has to be. again, just my theories.

Yeah, but you just don't know. I mean, the writers have -- multiple times in the past -- started some storyline and then just....dropped it. Not a mention of it in the future.

Remember Deb looking into her dad's past? What happened there?

Or how about how Dexter killed that one dude out of rage in the first episode of Season 5? Nothing ever came back on him from that.

For that matter, they never REALLY explored Dexter's loss of Rita except as a means to allow him to focus on Lumen.

For all we know, they'll just...ignore it next year. That's my point about the writing being sloppy. They do this stuff all the time. Introduce new characters, this or that plot point, maybe pay it off a little while later, but it's not anything really important, at least not the way they made it seem it would be. I'd have figured after Season 4's finale, that Dexter would go on this HUGE journey in the wake of Rita's death, but...nope. Just an excuse to shuffle one pretty blond actress for another.

So, while I think they probably will address it, there's really no guarantee.

No no guarantees thats for sure, but i just think all the time they spent with the louis arc and the entire ITK hand will be a a part of the next season if even for a short while. Be kinda cool if Dex is talkin to Deb about what he is at his apt and she finds it on the fridge with out dex knowing.

Could be, but I could just as easily see them dropping it entirely. Hell, they've done that DURING seasons, like with the whole Santa Muerte thing. There was the shootout at the club, but for what purpose?

I think a lot of what they do is just filler. Remember Batista's cop girlfriend from Season 3 or 4 (whichever it was)? She just disappeared, and suddenly Batista and Laguerta were together. Out of nowhere. Then they're divorced. Again, out of nowhere. I could just as easily see the Louis thing going LITERALLY nowhere next season, with no real explanation or discussion. They did leave themselves an out for that, with Masuka saying he'd send "consulting" work to Louis. So, that could just as easily mean we never see or hear from him again, just like we've never had any further exploration of whether Deb and Dexter might actually be half-siblings, or what the story was with Harry and Dexter's mom, or why any of that mattered, etc., etc., etc.

All that said, I think some "wannabe apprentice" thing could be interesting, but I think the show really needs to only go one more season and then wrap it up.

and who knows with harry effin around on his wife, he could have had an estranged child he didn't know about...Louis..
well the thing with Batistas chick from Vice they atleast expained how they wanted different things, the thing with this season was is that they just started it after a year of season 5 which they have not gone that long inbetween seasons which i think threw things out of whack...and definitely the Santa Muerte thing just went wrong, deb kills one of the brothers and thats it? they find out none of the cops bullets hit pedestrians and just let the other brother go??? tAnd season 3 what Miguel Prado finding out Dexter has been killing guilty people for a while and doesn't connect him as being the BHB? when he told La Guerta right off the bat "we have a good team here" and he replies yea the same team that shared a roof with the BHB, but i think they just wanted to leave that alone.
lets just hope they get back to good writing for the last 2 seasons like seasons 1,2 and 4.
And i hope they keep the Louis arc going and don't just drop it off completely because what would have been the whole strangeness with him obsessed with Dexter and the ITK hand.
we will just have to see. There has been a lot of pointless filler leading to nothing, and other things that could have connected the dots with who dex was after season 2. especially in season 5 Deb i thought would have figured out how all 12 of Jordan Chase and crews victims look like sisters and then sees a hot blonde in his house as his tennant when she knows one escaped and has a male helping her out....i did enjoy season 5 overall though.
but remember Joel Driscole was indeed Dexters Bio dad due to the DNA test Dexter had done in season 1 so harry was not his bio dad. but louis could be his son...? i just feel that if they keep Louis in the story line for a season we may find out who he really is and wtf he wants...i still think he has some relation to Dexter or Brian or possibly Harry....who knows though right except the writers. we'll see i guess at comic con if they mention anything about Louis, someone better ask the writers a question about that, and aww La Guerta as captain?? ::vomits:: but the good thing about that is we'll be seeing less and less of her I HOPE, can't stand that woman.

Last edited:
i havent lost faith one bit, yea this season wasnt that great, it did have its moments. especially Dex's line in the final scene "i'm a father, a son, and a serial killer" loved that,
but how it ended hopefully the writers got their head out of their ass, I mean basically they have tackled all the issues Dexter could never figure out or do, have a friend, a wife and family, a father, religion, etc.....now that all that is done we basically are back to regular Dex with Deb knowing...so i have faith they will end it well, i sure would hate for my favorite show ever to end with a cliffhanger which leaves you wondering....THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN. After his final kill i'd like for him to some how no longer have the need and lose the DP, end it on a good note.

Well, the problem is that Dexter never had very good writing. Anything good that happened was kind of a fluke and flawed at best. I liked it back in high school, but I've grown to realize that the writing just isn't very strong.

I think it started quite strong, but by the third season, took a sharp downward turn. Season 4 had good elements, but after that, I think they just kinda gave up and turned it into a pure thrillride kind of show.

I still think that there are moments that are fantastic, and a LOT of that is due to the actors (Desmond Harrington really needs his own show, and Jennifer Carpenter is terrific), but the writing....yeah, it's weak.

To me, the only two seasons that have natural stories are seasons one and four. The other four are built around television conventions and distracting relationships that don't serve the story. Plus, seasons two and three had endings that were only convenient. Not challenging or naturally occurring from the action.

well it is a thrill ride show, i can never get enough kill room scenes, which i hope are more this next season. but again, we'll see what the writers do, either make it good or just ok

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back