Dexter Season Six (SPOILERS)

No we will still have the books and comics, and after season 8 is over i just really dont want him dead, i want Deb to accept him for who he is and understand that, and let him clean up the city as usual even though he'll mainly be going after A serial killer. But i just have a feeling he will get rid of his dark passenger on the show. Dex is to fun to kill him off. i mean in court he could plead insanity because technically he is insane and does what he does because of what happened to his mother, so i doubt they would execute him

No we will still have the books and comics, and after season 8 is over i just really dont want him dead, i want Deb to accept him for who he is and understand that, and let him clean up the city as usual even though he'll mainly be going after A serial killer. But i just have a feeling he will get rid of his dark passenger on the show. Dex is to fun to kill him off. i mean in court he could plead insanity because technically he is insane and does what he does because of what happened to his mother, so i doubt they would execute him

Yea just thinking the whole bay harbour butcher thing may come back on him... Doaks will gain respect again, would have been good to have lundy take him down if they went that direction though :eek(for obvious reasons that cant happen :lol) Its going to be really interesting where they take dexter... im thinking the show is going to be more intense with an interview i heard recently they said they can take dexter where they want to, now they know the end date. Where befor they would get rolling and have to back track due to the story getting there too early lol. So hopefully there is good things to come :D

Yea just thinking the whole bay harbour butcher thing may come back on him... Doaks will gain respect again, would have been good to have lundy take him down if they went that direction though :eek(for obvious reasons that cant happen :lol) Its going to be really interesting where they take dexter... im thinking the show is going to be more intense with an interview i heard recently they said they can take dexter where they want to, now they know the end date. Where befor they would get rolling and have to back track due to the story getting there too early lol. So hopefully there is good things to come :D

...which pretty much proves that they purposely added "filler" in previous seasons. I'd HOPE that this means the final season actually has a solid through-line with real, lasting character development, but I've been watching TV shows for too long to expect that. Certainly not just because the writers said they would do it better next time.

...which pretty much proves that they purposely added "filler" in previous seasons. I'd HOPE that this means the final season actually has a solid through-line with real, lasting character development, but I've been watching TV shows for too long to expect that. Certainly not just because the writers said they would do it better next time.

ill find the exact interview.

Deb finding out

Executive producer Scott Buck said:
"We always imagined that Deb finding out would be part of the end game, so we always sort of delayed it. When we came in this year, David Nevins [said], ‘Let’s shake things up. We don’t have to play it safe. We can think a little bit differently this year.’ We decided it was finally time to deal with this head-on. There’s still plenty of drama to come after this, but we know we have two seasons left to do and there’s more than enough for us to deal with in the next two years just dealing with this one particular issue."

What will happen in season 7

One of Dexter’s hallmarks is that no one really knows who he is, and now Deb at least has a little peek behind the curtain. How much she actually knows and figures out will all be part of the drama of next season, but it’s certainly going to affect our story in a very big way.
I don’t think we’ll toy with the audience. She sees what she sees and we all know exactly what she’s seeing, but how much does that really say about Dexter and what does Deb already know about him? This is her brother, who she’s known her whole life. To walk into a situation like this, you’re not going to immediately think, ‘Oh, my brother is a serial killer.’ You’re going to think, ‘Oh, my brother is killing DDK. This is crazy and insane.’ She’s taken the first peek behind the curtain, but it’s not necessarily daylight just yet.

Louis in the next season?

Louis is something we don’t quite know what to make of because he’s something that has not appeared on Dexterbefore. It’s a different kind of character and it will be fun to explore exactly who he is and what he’s doing. I certainly like Louis, but he’s obviously got some issues to deal with. He seems to be a troubled individual, and how that will work out in terms of Dexter will be part of the fun of next season, but he will not be our big bad.

On knowing Dexter will end in season 8

We have the benefit of knowing that we have two seasons left, so we can start to really take the character of Dexter where we’re going to want to end him in the finale. We no longer have to think of holding things in place and not giving things away because we can start to turn in some of those cards at this point. Obviously the biggest thing we set up is Deb has now seen him kill someone. What does this mean? How will it affect Dexter? What is he going to do with this? And she thinks she’s in love with him? Is she going to tell Dexter? And if so, how is Dexter going to possibly respond to that? These are a number of things that will be set up for next season, but we’ll deal with them as they come.

On Weather or not Dex needs to be killed off.

I do not know. What I thought about Dexter when I came into this show has certainly changed from what I think of him now, because the character has changed. At one point I may have thought that, but I’m not sure now because there’s so many different things you can do with this person. A lot of people would certainly think he needs to die.

Last edited:
i personally liked season 5, liked them all actually, basically thus far they have put dexter up against trying to have a friend, save his family, get over the love of his dead wife by getting revenge for lumen, and then hit him with the religious thing so its all basically been to see how dexter works out in those situations, but season 5 was just dexters way of coping with losing rita by finding lumen but yea, by the end of it the "reset" button was hit.
but now we know Louis won't be the big killer in next season....but seriously I am not one of those people that thinks Dex deserves to die. I will damn this show and showtime forever if they kill him off. I don't know how others feel, but i don't think he should be killed off, he has a son that he wants to be a good father to, and i think they can write it into where in the final season Dex is going after a hanus serial killer "maybe one that kills kids or something" that dex offs him and for some reason does not feel the need and the DarkPassenger is gone. i don't want to have to go back starting with season 1 and have a marathon only to know at the end he is dead.
but thanks for the interview info Joel, looks like the writers have it in for them to get this all straightened out, and like they said have 2 seasons to do it in.

yea its pretty awesome man. i personally like 5 also... but i am a fanboy... i like them all lol so i can be biased.(sorry lol) but im very excited to see what happens next... I dont care either way personally if he dies it will be 1 fkn sad episode talk about leaving the series with a shattering ending. but who knows we will see!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back