DEVASTATOR STAR DESTROYER 1/300

I may be way off on this but here. They shield generators look straight:

1630713095127.png

Hmmm...thanks for your input. I think the pics are a bit misleading when it comes to angles. The head is at right angles to the superstructure but the ship is not sitting level...in order to work on it the back end is sitting lower with the nose in the air. The shield generators do not sit straight up as far as I can tell but this is not the version from ESB. The generators appear to follow the line of the head and are perpendicular to the surface. There does seem to be a lot of parallaxing/lens distortion in my pics but I think it's ok. anyway, it's all tweakable and I can make adjustments as I go along
DEVASTATOR BRIDGE MAP.jpg
front.jpg

Here is a picture of the Devastator, which might help on the bridge angle:

082_SWI_1613.jpg

Attachments

• 082_SWI_1613.jpg
    082_SWI_1613.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 144
Love to see several computer/electronic innards making up the trench. I use those often when doing some miniature/bigature work.(y)(y)
And, yes; the angle of the bridge is off. Besides that: great work once again:cool::cool:

Hmmm...thanks for your input. I think the pics are a bit misleading when it comes to angles. The head is at right angles to the superstructure but the ship is not sitting level...in order to work on it the back end is sitting lower with the nose in the air. The shield generators do not sit straight up as far as I can tell but this is not the version from ESB. The generators appear to follow the line of the head and are perpendicular to the surface. There does seem to be a lot of parallaxing/lens distortion in my pics but I think it's ok. anyway, it's all tweakable and I can make adjustments as I go along
View attachment 1491114View attachment 1491115

Yeah I kind of feel like a finger painter in Kindergarten criticizing Leonardo da Vinci.

I always studied the 8' version for ESB. I never noticed how the ANH version's shield generators lean out.

Two questions Geek:

Do you want constructive criticism? Some do and some don't. Your builds are so amazing there really is never much wrong to point out.

Second, can you take a straight on shot, like the Star Destroyer is coming right at you?

Really, what you need for a good side view for this or any large model would be a series of overlapping CCDs in a slit cam for a true image…has anyone made that?

OK guys, all good...it's not in my programming to understand criticism...I can only receive it as constructive data to be assimilated.
Actually I rather like the idea of being a clone. All eleven hundred odd, working round the clock with a hive mind. If I slip up then 1139 is waiting!

So, more progress;

Still printing and fitting the greeblies on the superstructure tiers
20210909_115311.jpg

Did a base coat of plain white before adding stickers to the surface to give the Aztec-ing a go and then sprayed 3 top coats

20210910_104734.jpg
20210910_104720.jpg

I did make some tweaks to the bridge and neck and finished off those greeblies and plating as well

20210910_130738.jpg
20210910_130810.jpg
20210910_130848.jpg
20210910_130914.jpg

Still some blanks to fill in but she's getting there

I've been recalled for a factory reset next week, so there will be an small interruption to your service

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back