Design Challenge: Ghostbusters

KrangPrime

Master Member
MODS: Feel free to move!

So, I agree with the main sentiment that the ecto, proton packs and uniform designs for this terrible reboot suck horribly.
So, rather than complain about it, I'm curious... what would YOU come up with?

Enter the Ghostbusters design challenge.

No Prize. Just the satisfaction in knowing that you came up with something FAR better than 'professional' movie designers!

No real rules. You can submit anything from full prop, 2D art, or even CGI art. let alone a small scale statue.
just try and keep the same basic shape so fans can instantly recognize it for what it is (although circular ghost traps are allowed ;o))

Props in contention are : Proton Packs. Ghost Traps. Ecto 1. and, something we havn't seen yet, containment unit.

So, artists of tomorrow, get cracking. lets see what you can come up with.

To be fair, I don't think that the lackluster designs we've seen so far are their fault, at least not entirely. Remember, they aren't coming up these designs on their own and forcing the director to use what they give him, it's the opposite really; it's the director's vision that they're following. At the end of the day it's the director who has the first and last word on the design of anything and everything in a film (minus studio interference of course) and these artists are just creating what he (the director) wants to see, their own opinions be damned.

To be fair, I don't think that the lackluster designs we've seen so far are their fault, at least not entirely. Remember, they aren't coming up these designs on their own and forcing the director to use what they give him, it's the opposite really; it's the director's vision that they're following. At the end of the day it's the director who has the first and last word on the design of anything and everything in a film (minus studio interference of course) and these artists are just creating what he (the director) wants to see, their own opinions be damned.

perhaps, but please lets not turn this into another movie DISCUSSION thread. I just used that to set things up for the DESIGN portion of the thread. so, folks, lets start up the pencils!

perhaps, but please lets not turn this into another movie DISCUSSION thread. I just used that to set things up for the DESIGN portion of the thread. so, folks, lets start up the pencils!

I wasn't trying to turn it into another discussion thread, I was just defending the artists that worked on the movie is all. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what people submit, I'll have to see if I can't whip up some sort of mockup in Photoshop myself.

10390091_10153377658255211_2288471267171305172_n.jpg

Here's something stupid I just whipped up. Please excuse the crudity of this design, it's not to scale.......

I've always been fascinated by the idea of a super ghost trap, ever since RGB and EGB showed the need where, on occasion, they'd have to catch lots of multiple ghosts and the regular traps just didn't cut it. too slow, or to little of them to make a dent.

Hence, the ghost centrifuge trap. The main Box is slid out, and up raises the smaller traps.....and, with the power of a generator, is able to create a much wider suction area of four traps combined. about he size of an EGB trap container.

truth is written here.

That said...could be a fun little project. I may try to take a crack at this this weekend.

Well, here's my quick and dirty. It's a bit more modern than most but I thought the base car was too cool to not use.

Super%20Ecto_zps8kjisiat.jpg~original

damn, I like that ;o). Off Road Ecto o)..a bit more junk on the roof though. Or maybe a giant super trap in the back like from the video game ;o)

Thanks, I just grabbed what I could find and would fit as far as the roof equipment goes. I probably could have incorporated a few more parts and tossed something in the back though.

I think if they removed the organize strips off the jump suits and forget the whole shin guard/ elbow guard thing that the uniform wouldn't look bad... The packs and car just look like no
thought or passion went into it.. Though I do love the little slimer on the hood

I think if they removed the organize strips off the jump suits and forget the whole shin guard/ elbow guard thing that the uniform wouldn't look bad... The packs and car just look like no
thought or passion went into it.. Though I do love the little slimer on the hood

which is why we have this thread to try and see if fans can come up with better designs ;o). so, start designing :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back