Desert Hunter (custom Hot Toys Predator)

dedguy

This is mostly done using parts from the Shadow Hunter but also includes pieces from Predators figures and a custom mask by taylerdurdem.

All the cloth, leather, paint, and some of the bones are done by me.

Started off painting the armor. The canister in the back there was my testbed for techniques I would use when painting the rust on the armor.I looked at a lot of reference, particularly of rusty steel in desert environments.

16561345310_315315c1f8_b.jpgDesert Hunter Predator rusted armor by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Detail shots:

16562634699_a2837473f2_b.jpgDesert Hunter Predator rusted armor shin armor detail by dangercorpse, on Flickr
16748739455_9b3a4a0253_b.jpgDesert Hunter Predator rusted armor shoulder armor detail by dangercorpse, on Flickr

This was my first assembly of everything. A few things were added or changed between here and what I have at the moment.

16759470912_583d7205aa_b.jpgDesert Hunter Predator WiP 1 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Helmet detail:

16572968378_749cd9f792_b.jpgDesert Hunter Predator helmet detail by dangercorpse, on Flickr
16760534445_ce63089407_b.jpgDesert Hunter Predator helmet detail by dangercorpse, on Flickr

This is how he currently looks. The lenses aren't perfect yet. I need to get some heavier weight foil that resists creasing more. They look pretty decent in person when not under the scrutiny of macro lenses.

16591036970_d21987a677_b.jpgDesert Hunter Predator WiP 2 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
16156115674_068c2f6e55_b.jpgDesert and City Hunters by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Lens/helmet detail:

16158497893_97e7c42529_b.jpgDesert Hunter mask detail by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I too would love to see that. Most of my activity here is lurking in the suit and replica sub-forums. I love seeing the process and artistry there. Full size stuff isn't something that I could really due since I don't exactly have enough space to make or display any of it.

It would be do-able I think with existing 3d files and/or molds. Most of the parts are stock Predator parts. If anyone wants to try their hand at doing it they have my blessing. The only super custom thing is the bio. I wonder if taylerdurdem would be cool with someone doing a full sized version of one of his masks.

What did you use for the cloth? Ive tried bandages on my kits and it just doesnt look right.

Sorry it took me so long to reply but I used kitchen towels purchased from Ikea. They're cheap and I like the texture of them. In the past I have also used linen purchased from a fabric store.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back