Denuix C96 & Todds Costume's barrel

fergal1969

I've a Denix C96 & Todd Costumes barrel & muzzle.

Anyone fitted one & any advice?

Cutting barrel, drilling hole & tapping a screw thread is easy in theory, but how can I ensure that the barrel is a snug fit to the receiver, without a gap, & it ends up correctly with the bottom flat section blending in to the flat if the Denix.

Cheers

I sawed off the barrel, drilled and tapped for the Todd's bull barrel, but it was not straight, and I had NO idea how to get the threads to align so the rotation is correct. I ended up gluing it on with JB Weld. Came out nicely though!

Agreed and it is. Worst case you just lop off the barrel, drill the hole oversized, glue that puppy in! The sleeve isn’t accurate anyway, and you still have to chew up the barrel. I printed a sleeve for a Lytle Mauser I’m converting, this is easily as challenging and destructive! :) And doesn’t look quite right, but made sense here, I wouldn’t glue a resin barrel onto a metal frame.

I asked my machinist friend about how to align the threads when I built my Denix, he didn’t really have a good answer haha! I still want to know how to do it right!

Keep us posted on your build, and good luck!

Attachments

• 9CDD2672-3DC5-40E0-B924-1C50E227817E.jpeg
    9CDD2672-3DC5-40E0-B924-1C50E227817E.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 4DBF72D6-189F-42AD-9FF3-188EC7488E55.jpeg
    4DBF72D6-189F-42AD-9FF3-188EC7488E55.jpeg
    350.7 KB · Views: 71
Thanks Pedro.

Think I'll order an aluminium block, plenty cheap on E-bay, & then it's a matter of tapping the thread, but marking where I start to ensure I get the desired result when barrel screwed in.

Going to be quite frustrating to get it as perfect as possible.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back