Todds Costumes DL-44 Blaster

MaxZHun

Has anyone picked up one of Todds Costumes Han Solo DL-44 blasters? I'm considering getting one in the future and would just like to know your opinions on it and possibly share some photos. Also just curious to know how much it weighs. Thanks!

I really liked his parts. I'm working off of memory for this, but the mount is a little thicker than expected, but it's deeply blued, well finished and looks fantastic.

The scope I think is super cool. The extra set screws on the body, steel tube, etc. and I think theres another section in the middle just like the real scopes. (I picked up an abused TC scope off ebay and re-built it) let me get my phone and snap a pic. It's pre-assembled so there's no risk of getting glue on the lenses or anything like that.

I dont have the todd mount anymore, I rebuilt my blaster a few times and mix-matched parts. This is his scope. Remember I did the blueing job on this, the previous owner had stripped it for whatever reason. Todd's stuff has an awesome deep blue and its very uniform
20220211_113528.jpg20220211_113604.jpg20220211_113624.jpg20220211_113641.jpg20220211_113730.jpg20220211_113656.jpg

I dont have the todd mount anymore, I rebuilt my blaster a few times and mix-matched parts. This is his scope. Remember I did the blueing job on this, the previous owner had stripped it for whatever reason. Todd's stuff has an awesome deep blue and its very uniform
View attachment 1545180View attachment 1545181View attachment 1545182View attachment 1545183View attachment 1545184View attachment 1545185
Thanks so much, those pictures look awesome. I've heard the blued finish adds to the gun by making it more realistic. So detailed and the scope looks great.

One thing I do need to warn about Todd's scope is that his current scope has a fair amount of inaccuracies. The overall machining and bluing quality is still unrivaled, but the scope has an incorrect knurling pattern and the Hensoldt engraving is much too small (about half the size it currently is).

Todd is aware of these current issues after I brought them up with him, and he'll be trying to fix them in the future. But as of right now they make the scope externally inaccurate to the Hero's scope.

20220211_161333.jpg

Compare that to Field Marahal's.

20220208_184800.jpg

View attachment 1545180View attachment 1545181View attachment 1545182View attachment 1545183View attachment 1545184View attachment 1545185

Man, that scope looks nice. Really wish Todd's modern scopes looked this good, I've been wanting an accurate Hensoldt for a while now haha

One thing I do need to warn about Todd's scope is that his current scope has a fair amount of inaccuracies. The overall machining and bluing quality is still unrivaled, but the scope has an incorrect knurling pattern and the Hensoldt engraving is much too small (about half the size it currently is).

Todd is aware of these current issues after I brought them up with him, and he'll be trying to fix them in the future. But as of right now they make the scope externally inaccurate to the Hero's scope.

View attachment 1545304

Compare that to Field Marahal's.

View attachment 1545307
Interesting, I'm not as aware of the accuracies on blasters as I am on lightsabers so thanks for letting me know. I was considering getting one in the future anyway but now I know what to look out for, hopefully the design has been slightly updated by then.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back