Dental acrylic question

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm going to put realist fangs in my Wolfman display piece (see my Wolfman WIP thread).

I've been researching the process and was wondering if anyone is familiar enough with the medium to tell me the difference between Dental Acrylic and Dental Porcelain.

I want them to look as real as possible.

Thanks.

I'm a dental lab technician and do removable work, dental acrylic is used in the fabrication of dentures and other removeable appliances, dental porcelain is used for crowns. The dental acrylic is what you would need, make sure it is labeled as cold cure and not heat cure. The cold cure can be mixed and placed in a pressure pot to cure, once that is done you can polish it to get the wet shine look. Dental porcelain has to be baked in a high temp oven and is a powder that is applied with a brush and water. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the offer. I may do that once I get started on my Terminator Endoskeleton. I probably need to fix the teeth models on that one and might as well try to go all the way and get it right. :)

I only got into Dentistry as a way of using Acrylic and Plaster etc for free.
Good luck with the Teeth, by the way
Pressure vessels can be quite expensive but you can easily convert a pressure pot with a drill and a few bike valves..
You can or used to be able to buy Set on the bench Cold Cure resins here in the UK.
Post some picks when you can.

I only got into Dentistry as a way of using Acrylic and Plaster etc for free.
Good luck with the Teeth, by the way
Pressure vessels can be quite expensive but you can easily convert a pressure pot with a drill and a few bike valves..
You can or used to be able to buy Set on the bench Cold Cure resins here in the UK.
Post some picks when you can.
At my Makerspace we use a converted pressure tank from a spray paint system. Here in the US, you can get one that's almost ready to use for about $100. You might need to modify the connectors to fit your air compressor.

2-1/2 gal. Air Pressure Paint Tank

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back