Dennis Nedry's Watch - Jurassic Park

Rymo

Sr Member
Forgive me if this has been covered in some other thread. I did a search but couldn't any info about it.

I've recently gotten back into watch collecting, so of course every time I see a movie now the characters watches always catch my eye. I was watching Jurassic Park last night and decided to Google what brand of watch Nedry is wearing in the film. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to find any info about his watch specifically.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.59.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 10.01.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 10.00.45 AM.png

It looks to me like his watch is an an early-90's Casio DBX-112 DataBank calculator watch. The layout of the buttons and text, as well as the color of the case and the style of band looks pretty much the same to me.

watchcomp.jpg

Does anyone here know if this is indeed the watch Nedry wears?

Last edited:
I picked up a vintage Casio DBX-112 on eBay for around $20. It needs some work, but overall it's in pretty good shape. The characters on the keypad buttons are supposed to be white, but mine are quite dull.The plastic case is also supposed to be painted a matte silver color, but most of the paint has worn off of mine. There's also some scratches on the acrylic crystal. I think I'm going to attempt to re-paint it if I can find the right color.
IMG_9598.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I didn't end up painting my DBX-112 because I was actually able to find another one that was in mint condition. And when I say mint, I'm not exaggerating. It honestly looks like it has never been worn. It's almost 30 years old, still in the original box with the original instruction booklet.

So, this is the one I'm going to put on display with my other Jurassic Park memorabilia. I have a new display case on the way that will look nicer as a permanent display box.

Nedry Watch 3.jpg

NedryWatch1.jpg

Nedry Watch 2.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a vintage Casio DBX-112 on eBay for around $20. It needs some work, but overall it's in pretty good shape. The characters on the keypad buttons are supposed to be white, but mine are quite dull.The plastic case is also supposed to be painted a matte silver color, but most of the paint has worn off of mine. There's also some scratches on the acrylic crystal. I think I'm going to attempt to re-paint it if I can find the right color.
As a fellow watch fanatic, this is an interesting thread!

If you want to get rid of the scratches on the crystal, try Polywatch. I've used it on vintage watches with acrylic crystals and it works beautifully.

I'm not a fan of digital wristwatches as I am of the old fashioned hand-wound and automatics, but it always brings a smile to my face when I see a watch from a movie get positively ID'd and added to a fan's collection :love:

Congrats on the find! And cherish it always! :D(y)

Here's another Jurassic Park watch I've identified and added to my collection. It's a watch that's briefly seen on the wrist of one of the genetics lab workers just prior to the Velociraptor egg hatching scene.
Eu775OLVEAAAajb.jpg
Eu775OLVgAAVOvz.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back