Denix Mauser Paint Advice

Hello all, new guy here but not new to making stuff.

Paint won't stick to my Denix C96. I'm building Luke's ESB Bespin DL-44 and my paint job scratches off very easily.
I used several light coats of Krylon Fusion, All-In-One, Satin Black.

To prep I stripped the factory paint with various sandpaper and steel wool down to the bare aluminum. Washed, dried and cleaned it thoroughly with denatured alcohol. After several light coats I let it dry overnight. The paint looked fantastic but scratched off with little to no effort. I used the same paint on my Warmachine scope and flash hider and they're holding up perfectly. Any advice or pointing me to a larger discussion would be awesome.

-Steve
Try something like "Appliance Paint" which is used to Hide/Fix Appliances {i.e. Refrigerators, Stoves, Etc.} Scuffs and Scrapes!
But AVOID "EPOXY" Paints as you will NEVER Get that **** OFF! You literally have to GRIND or FILE it off!

Also Try Gun Maker's "Liquid Blueing" or "Blacking"! THAT is supposed to work WONDERS!

I HOPE this helps?!
Good Luck!

Joe

Any cold blueing will work well.
must be clean and degreased.
not a polished surface. Scuffed. 000 wool etc
Warm metal and apply. Will take a few coats to get even and dark results. You can scuff after for a worn effect.
you should protect with past wax or clear coat.

Another "PAINT" you can use is "APPLIANCE EPOXY PAINT"!

It is MUCH Harder then normal paint and it's MADE to take the rough handling that Appliances get!

But Sanding it AND using something like a lacquer thinner to clean it off with BEFORE Your Primer it!
And yes use a "Self Etching Primer" WILL help ALOT!

I HOPE this helps you?!

Good Luck.

Joe

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back