Delete

Re: Iron Man WIP

best pep work i have seen on iron man so far. you have excellent finishing skills.

are these the pep files on the 405th?

this is the first costume you've ever made? What the heck do you do for a living?! cause you obviously have some skills, or a hidden talent. Great job!

Very very nice! I agree on Best Pep build also. Last 2 pics of the helmet look like a finished resin pull they are so clean. Keep up the great work.

Paul D.

Thanks guys for the nice comments, means quit a lot coming from such talented people. I just like to build stuff if I'm able.

Yeah these are the files off the 405th, the helmet is done by Dungbettle and the chest by Dancin_fool. I only have the torso files to work with though the rest of the suit is not finished and I suck badly at pc software so scaling other stuff to work with the upper stuff is a no go. Might end up with half a suit. :unsure

These pieces are still in the rough out stages, the helmet a little finer than the chest. The helmet is only down to 180grit and needs quit a bit of work to the rear/ear section. I reworked the top vent and faceplate twice already cause I wasn't happy with it, set me back a few hours for sure.
This is the first costume/suit I've made, played around with some Batman stuff out of foam and a Batgirl sculpt a few months ago but unless I invest a bunch of cash in the casting supplies I can't finish anything. So that went on the shelf, this is way more cost efficent. :)

I do build other things I'm an autobody mech by trade so this is pretty easy to do, I've been doing it my whole life really. I also machine and airbrush a bit, here's some links some of my other work if you guys want to have a look see. :)
Oh and all my work on this and my machining is all done manual, I don't have a cnc. Just wanted to add that, seem to be the first thing people ask me for some reason.

http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/c2hoines/Nightmare Gloves/
http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/c2hoines/Machine tooling/
http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/c2hoines/Airbrush Art/

Thanks for the props guys, like I said means allot coming form the guys that set the standards so to speak. I'll try and get something done soon, I'll update when I do.:cool

well, now that I know what you're capable of, that Iron Man is crap! :lol

Thanks makes me feel good about it. :lol Yeah it's still rough, it'll only get better I promise.

Wow Finhead this is amazing work I can't wait to see the paint job you give this project... With prep work this good you could paint it with a brush and it would still look amazing (okay,maybe not but you know what I'm saying...).

Looking forward to watching this build progress.

-Speederbiker

Thanks again guys, good to know it's at least looking like Iron man. :)
Had a chance to work on it again last night and today. Reworked some of the chest and the helmet once again, keep finding things I don't like about it and stuff I haven't done yet. And glassed the back and did the bodywork and primer. Still in the rough for sure but it's at least making me want to do more. :) Let me know what ya think. Oh and pics would have been better but the wife was messing with the camera and I couldn't get it back to right, no idea. :confused
IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1693-1.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back