Delete

Re: Iron Man WIP

That is VERY nice work. :) Keep it up:thumbsup
Looks like people might get good suits from somewere since we will not be offering any.

Awesome work! Might be from the photos or maybe its just me but something about the way that your IM Helmet chin looks like it juts out slightly more than most. Makes your Helmet look a little meaner than most. I really like it.

Paul D.

Wow, that is very clean, and you got it done in no time at all? Amazing job, I hope you find the rest of the suit files so you can complete it. impressive work!

Thanks guys, it's not movie accurate or anything but close and I can only work with the base that's out there. :cool Regardless it's a fun project that really is the easiest way for me to get a suit like this.
And I have most of the files just have to play around with sizing etc and find the time to keep working on it.

That is VERY nice work. :) Keep it up:thumbsup
Looks like people might get good suits from somewere since we will not be offering any.

Thanks means allot coming form "The Man" of IronMan suits. :) But this is just a personal project for now. I have been asked a few times since posting this up but not sure I have the time or energy to have yet another side job. But I guess you never know. :confused

For pep style it's pretty good, as long as you have fun in the construction that's always the most important part, but what you may look into in adjusting it to be more accurate, get some AVES epoxy sculpt and you can go back and resculpt anything that's not exact, Great stuff, and well worth a try, but it's only a suggestion based on your comments, good luck on your project none the less.

Sorry not quite sure if I understood correct, are you offering advise on how to sculpt an accurate piece?? :confused
I can't get it any more accurate than this because the files that are out and usable (unfolded and ready) are based off 3D models not from movie accurate suits. I could go back in with filler which would be very easy but I don't feel the need as it's just a personal project. Like I said I'm not doing this to make money. :)

For pep style it's pretty good, as long as you have fun in the construction that's always the most important part, but what you may look into in adjusting it to be more accurate, get some AVES epoxy sculpt and you can go back and resculpt anything that's not exact, Great stuff, and well worth a try, but it's only a suggestion based on your comments, good luck on your project none the less.

:eekYou keep blowing me away with your opinions Dark Asylum! :confused

Why dont you live up this advice to your self before adviceing it.... Let me qote:
"get some AVES epoxy sculpt and you can go back and resculpt anything that's not exact"

Finhead Ironman is not just good work. Its VERY GOOD work in so short time.
Taken in consideration this is paperprop modified, I am blown away by it.

This is one of THE BEST:thumbsup suits i seen untill now, and you talk about improving the accuracy? :confused?
Seriously Dark Asylum please clean up your own sculpt before you advice others to go that stepp...
Because I personally think the photos of Your own suit falls far behind in the catagory of close to accurate.
But I guess your own eyes se it differently.

First you do a callout to those who do fiberglasswork, and put a big questionmark on why people work with fiberglass because you think vacform provides same ressult of details..... I still disagree with you on that. Now you "advice" in accuracy...

Even if we cant say it's accurate, It is still Far more sharply detailed than your own vacformed suit that you so praise having better atributes and detail level vs. fiberglass. This suit looks far closer to the movie version vs your own.

Finhead! KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK!
This suit will be awsome once done! I love the flaps your doing on the back. Would love to se them functional.

Last edited:

Just to illustrate:

FANTASTIC!
IMG_1684.jpg

Comared to Dark Asylum who advice Finhead to improve his accuracy.....
hpim2733.jpg

I let the photos be the judge of it.

Last edited:

I agree with TMP, this isn't pretty good for pep...its great . Finhead your obviously very skilled, pep may be a way to get the basic shapes done, but your symetry and finishing work is beyond what most people can do even with pep. Your work is very clean, and thats not because of the paper files, its because your good at this type of work.

I wouldn't worry about accuracy, this suit looks dead on.

Fantastic work really! Most people who do pepakura lack the ability to make the shapes flow as they should and they keep the polygonal look to them. You amaze me with the ability to not only minimize this, but literally make it look like it was never there at all. Beautiful work!!! I love seeing this much love for Iron Man. FinHead, GREAT work. Keep it up.

TMP, chill out. Read what DarkAsylums advice was in response to. Finhead's own comment about not being screen accurate. Stop buggin the guy. It was just advice. He was not knocking the suit.

Amazing stuff. I am in the process of making the same pep file. If mine comes out looking anything like yours I will be thrilled. You have amazing finishing skills especially for such a short time frame. Please keep the updates coming.

I'm getting so sick of the drama on these IM threads.

Finhead, sorry for the rant. Your talent is amazing. I never thought anything pep could turn out so nice. That is a hotrod you have there sir. I am following this with great enthusiasm!

Great work on this suit, especially the helmet! The detail is amazing and the finish work superb, by far the best pep work I've seen, ever. Keep up the great work!

Fantastic work really! Most people who do pepakura lack the ability to make the shapes flow as they should and they keep the polygonal look to them. You amaze me with the ability to not only minimize this, but literally make it look like it was never there at all. Beautiful work!!! I love seeing this much love for Iron Man. FinHead, GREAT work. Keep it up.

TMP, chill out. Read what DarkAsylums advice was in response to. Finhead's own comment about not being screen accurate. Stop buggin the guy. It was just advice. He was not knocking the suit.

Dark Asylum is a knowledgeable guy just trying to help. If Dark Asylum so much as offers any suggestion on anything IM related I'm immediately subjected to reading half a page of analysis from TMP on why it's not the right way, this or that. To think that some one could get so offended by someone else making the same thing as they did but by using VACUUM FORMING would stir someone so deeply that they stalk them from thread to thread. Did you hear? Dark Asylum has the audacity to think that vaccumforming is the way to go. How dare he. Look here, he's telling someone they can use epoxy sculpt to fix inaccuracies! How infuriating! I will be so glad when these projects are finished and we can move on. I'm just a long time lurker newb here but geeze I can't be the only one thinking this. TMP, I used to think you were so cool but what you're doing is not classy at all.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back