Delete

Re: Iron Man WIP

Fantastic work really! Most people who do pepakura lack the ability to make the shapes flow as they should and they keep the polygonal look to them. You amaze me with the ability to not only minimize this, but literally make it look like it was never there at all. Beautiful work!!! I love seeing this much love for Iron Man. FinHead, GREAT work. Keep it up.

TMP, chill out. Read what DarkAsylums advice was in response to. Finhead's own comment about not being screen accurate. Stop buggin the guy. It was just advice. He was not knocking the suit.

Thanks, some one gets it, good luck Finehead

Ok take it out of my thread, I took it exactly the way you meant it Dark Asylum. I've fallowed your posts and know exactly where your coming from regarding other peoples work on IronMan or related suits. If you reread my post I say it's not movie accurate but close. That's it never asked about making it better or different just simply a statement. But I do agree with TMP.

Now for the guys that are actually here for this thread, thanks again for the nice comments. As I've said before it's just a fun project (turning into something else here though) the first I've done of this kind so it's a learning curve.

Wow- that is amazingly impressive...

So not to sound like a complete idiot, what's the process here?? How do you go from a PC file to that gorgeous piece??

Pretty simple really, you should check out the 405th forum they have all the info your looking for as well as a great collection of Pep files.
But the process goes like this. Print it cut out all the sections (takes forever) fold em and glue em together (takes forever) . Brace it so it holds the shape your going for and resin the outside, once that has cured you glass the inside. Then the easy part, work the outside with filler until it looks the way you want it. If you peped it well then you shouldn't need to fill the entire piece just the round sections and edges (I wasn't that luck on most of it. :) ) Prime and paint. Really that's all there is to it, just layers of filler and primer.

I'm about 1/3 the way through my buildup. Finhead and TMP have been inspirations to me. As Finhead says, the Pep, while great, is only so accurate. I fussed over accurizing it last night for an hour. I finally said "Aw what the heck" and I'll get it as close as I can without reengineering the thing.

Agreed but make TMP remove his posting my pictures and comparing cause that's not what your form is about and wee can all get along, weather your are buddies with him or not it's trolling.

Agreed but make TMP remove his posting my pictures and comparing cause that's not what your form is about and wee can all get along, weather your are buddies with him or not it's trolling.

I can't make TMP do anything.
Were not buddies, never conversed with him till this thread. But I agree with him.
As far as trolls go your the only one I see in this thread. I'm not going to get involved in thus spat or the drama, I'm done with thus thread. Anyone interested in seeing progress IR final pics can pm me ill let you know where they will be. What a waist of good feedback. :confused

I would have to agree the pep doesn't hold all the detail that a good sculpt does, but if your willing to spend a little more time and "sculpt" with fillers after the basic form of the pep is done, I believe you can get details just as good as a sculpt. Just as in sculpting its all in the fine details.
Sorry to see the squabbling on this thread, what a damper on such great work! I'll be interested in seeing the update on this project though, its friggin awesome.

I'm about 75% done pepping my own iron man, and to see that it can be done with such detail and awesomeness (that's right, awesomeness) really helps make those late night folding sessions seem worth it. I'm definitely inspired by your work man, for something that's just a 'fun project' :lol

Well I hope you keep us updated. In a sea of IM suits and threads I find this one particularly refreshing for some reason.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Ok thanks guys, had the day to think it through. I guess I'm not going to let one little troll get the best of me or my thread. I'll update when I get more done hopefully soon. :cool

Holy smokes!!! I've been away from the internet for a while and come back and see this!!! You've done amazing work with my pep files, can't wait to see the rest of the back pieces!!

TMP, huge fan of your work I used your latest armor a lot for reference when building the chest model.

Really looking forward to see how the rest of this suit comes together, hopefully have some more time soon to keep going on my model.

PEP IS NOT FAIR!!! :lol eheheheh, oh...I guess it is fair...since I've tried to make a neck and I've been cutting paper for EVER!!! I guess people sometimes do not understand how difficult and time consuming is to make a pep item...

So, you're doing a super dooper baseball blooper job my friend (don't worry about the all super dooper bla bla bla...i just woke up...my mind ain't connected to my fingers yet...), and about accuracy, you're just right.

it is a personal project? Yes, so you're the only judge about what you're doing.
You're selling it? Others may judge if interested.

I'm a little upset about seeing all this fighting about IM suits these days. It is pointless to argue, since the best Iron Man helmet out there, is MINE! MUAHAHAHHAHAAH :D Sorry guys, trying to ease up the thing a bit.

Anyways, this thread is cool, and it's making me envious about what you're doing :D But I won't give up to pepakura! I will start my armor from scratch...that means, I'll never have my armor done ahhahahahah :lol

You already have many followers Finhead, keep it up!
we all root for you!

Was just reading the whole thing again and I saw this:

....Then the easy part, work the outside with filler until it looks the way you want it....

AAHHAHAHAHA, you're my hero dude! :D
The world is a wonderful place! The worst thing to do for me, turns out to be the easiest for others! Give me your hands Finheads or ship them to me! I want your hands!!!

Filler-working is like a nightmare for me...takes me forever and ever :D
Anyways, the job you've done with the filler and the quickness of the entire thing just kills me! Tons of congrats dude :D

Holy smokes!!! I've been away from the internet for a while and come back and see this!!! You've done amazing work with my pep files, can't wait to see the rest of the back pieces!!

TMP, huge fan of your work I used your latest armor a lot for reference when building the chest model.

Really looking forward to see how the rest of this suit comes together, hopefully have some more time soon to keep going on my model.

Thanks, they are great pep files to start with so thank you fro taking the time to do em up and share them. I just wish you had the time to do the rest of the suit, it would have been stellar. (y)cool

Was just reading the whole thing again and I saw this:

AAHHAHAHAHA, you're my hero dude! :D
The world is a wonderful place! The worst thing to do for me, turns out to be the easiest for others! Give me your hands Finheads or ship them to me! I want your hands!!!

Filler-working is like a nightmare for me...takes me forever and ever :D
Anyways, the job you've done with the filler and the quickness of the entire thing just kills me! Tons of congrats dude :D

Thanks, I what I do for a living so working with filler, primer etc is a daily thing. If I wasn't good at it I wouldn't have a job any more. :lol

Bump! How's your weekend looking?:)

Looking like House renos, out to work to finish sectioning a 48 rover down from a 4 door to a 2 door and then putting a front end on a 08 STI. After that I'm going to see if I can work on this, If I get any real progress I'll take some pics. :cool

Thanks again for the support guys and the interest.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back