DEBUNKED: The future of theatrical STAR WARS

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Westies14, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

UPDATE: Fake, see below.

This image was claimed to have been shot by a staffer as LFL prepped Hall H for their presentation. Is Ewan on board?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436354938.916962.jpg

I also heard a couple weeks ago that Disney was in talks with Garrett Hedlund to take over as an ANH-era Solo. Seems much more reliable information now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355204.923011.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355221.088382.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355244.686381.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355259.053938.jpg

He's certainly got the look...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: SPOILERS: The future of theatrical STAR WARS

Prepped Hall H for a panel two days in advance? Hmmm.

Garrett on the other hand seems right for the part.

3. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

A tech test to make sure the project will run properly. Timing isn't so unlikely. Most of all, the layout and design and the photograph itself look very authentic. The photoshopped stuff usually sticks out a lot more!

4. blewis17

blewis17 Sr Member

Maybe Disney feels they owe him after canceling Tron 3 ?

The Terminator likes this.
  5. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

Well it's showing mostly known info, so it could be fake or real and still be right.

6. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Mostly known! Solo's film being headlined by Fett is news - and the Kenobi announcement if true is huge! I'd say the parts of this that make it interesting are either true and really big or false and useless - weird line to try and straddle...

7. Vivek

Totally, I think it's very likely real. Even for tech testing, it just seemed odd for them to bring that big lineup reveal in the Hall during the prepping stage. But as mentioned most of it is already known. But Fett and Solo being in the same film is news and so is the Kenobi solo movie title.

8. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I dunno. I'm kinda meh on yet more origin stories or prequels.

clancampbell likes this.
  9. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

The Kenobi buzz has been building ever since Ewan said he would be up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Rogue One will be the first Anthology film and it would seem to feature all new characters.

10. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it a movie star or the scammer Jim Logan? :lol
    image.jpg image.jpg

11. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

12. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I meant more the stories about a Young Han Solo film. I mean, it might be good anyway, but I'd rather they focus efforts on newer characters in these anthology films. To me, that's the real value of the anthology series -- you can expand beyond the confines of the OT/PT stories and characters.

Riceball likes this.
  13. Vivek

I noticed the same thing about the anthology being left out. Maybe cause Kenobi is not a prequel story?

14. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

It's like you get a commission from this scumbag's ad revenue. No insights there... The fact that no one knows about or expects this announcement is exactly why it's potentially a newsworthy surprise. Why would we need Jason's reminder that we haven't heard about this yet and that it'd be surprising if this news breaks officially on Friday?

- - - Updated - - -

The "Anthology" category is just a category, something to allow films outside the standard "Episodes" of the main story. I don't think they'll all read "Anthology" in their titles. The Kenobi film has a subtitle and thus no room to write out its category cleanly, but I imagine it still belongs to that category within Lucasfilm. If anything, I'd believe that the missing "Anthology" layout is further indication that this image is legit. Including it would have been the obvious approach for a fake, I think.

15. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd love to see the story of Kenobi living on Tatooine and fighting off sand people etc, trying to stay hidden.

JD likes this.
  16. Vivek

Yeah the subtitle is already long enough, adding Anthology wouldn't go well.

But I just realized those are not Hall H chairs in that photo. The chairs in Hall H don't have armrest nor are they so big. Of course they very well could be prepping it elsewhere and not actually in Hall H. Guess we will find out on Friday.

17. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

I would like to see Scott Eastwood play a young Solo! He could add that "Man With No Name" mystery his "Father" established so Long Ago :)

18. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

Hey, you know what? I really don't appreciate that comment. I thought you were a good guy but now you make it personal? Not cool.

19. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

My apologies; I really didn't mean to insult you. I didn't intend to imply that anyone linking to his site is a scumbag at all, that term was reserved for him. I really don't understand people supporting that site or linking to it when they know what he did though - to me it is like recommending a recaster's eBay auction. It seems like you share everything he posts, and I just don't understand it. I don't dislike you for it and I'm sorry it came off that way.

JD likes this.
  20. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

Simply because it pops up in my Twitter feed first. If another source had popped up first I would have linked that as its germane to this discussion. We're cool. :)

21. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Thanks!

Fake, though :facepalm:

11700819_10153114098106799_7005961382295756236_n.jpg

JD, Bryancd and Vivek like this.
  22. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

So Jason was right....;) I kid!

23. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Right. This is actually the screen where they'll be showing the nonexistant trailer he had inside info about but became too humble to share...

Bryancd likes this.
  24. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I wouldn't say no to Ewan being Kenobi at least one more time, I thought he did a very good job considering the boots he had to fill.

25. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Seeing the title "Balance of the Force" should have made you realize it was a fake :p

I would too love more of Ewan! :D

Westies14 likes this.
  26. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I would love to see a really well made Prequel era movie with either just Obi Wan or Anakin as well. I think Hayden could do the character more justice with another director. Maybe set it during the Clone Wars.

27. robstyle

robstyle Sr Member

Since I cant post in the sequel trilogy threads and nobody said anything about stand alone films, the main guy being talked about for young Han isnt even on the radar with second in line being the impression guy. The fear with the latter is he is only doing impressions of what he has seen and over compensates while doing so. Not the best to carry a multi million dollar film, yet he has the look and voice. The main actor they are looking at, and have been for many months now, has the acting ability but not the complete look. From what I understand the reason they are going ahead with the young Han movie is it will also feature Harrison Ford and he aint getting any younger and doubt he has another plane crash left in him.

I mentioned prior somewhere, likely the EP7 thread early on, the stand alone Boba Fett movie was put off as Disney viewed him as a villain. They didnt want a villain to lead the anthology series. Thing is, he isnt a villain or a good guy, hes a bounty hunter. After literally dozens of synopsis scenarios the one that stood out was the Fett we know in the prequels doesnt make it out of a "Mexican stand off" scenario. Some time after a lone drifter wanders through the area and recognizes the armor.... This is the Fett we have come to know. There was also talk of Zam Wesell taking part of this drifters days leading up to him taking on the Boba Fett persona. Imagine the drifter as a failed bounty hunter that cant break into the criminal underworld to score the big bounties nor being able to access the weapons and gear to do so. But as Boba Fett, its all at his taking.

Just saying.

28. The Terminator

I would go with the impression guy then. Why can't you post in the other threads?

Harrison seriously needs to stop crashing airplanes :p

29. robstyle

robstyle Sr Member

The other threads are about specific films, this one is not. There are a good amount of forum members that cant post in those threads either due to work and/or contractual obligations. As ive stated in the past it will eventually come out how much JJ has been involved with the new films as a whole. He is a fan as well as nearly every single person involved hands on with these new films. The initial limitations of the stand alone films are re purposed sets, sound stage usage, existing CGI files and actor availability. Its a tight schedule with any one of a thousand pieces of the puzzle falling out of the box to derail the SW train. In ten years we will have ten new films behind us. In hindsight it took nearly thirty years to get six films on the big screen.

30. gizmo

gizmo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have great faith in those involved as they are just that,fans. What we've heard and seen so far just shows so much love for what makes Star Wars what it is. Finally we are getting back to the Star Wars everybody loves. Great times. :)

Ben

31. The Terminator

Aaah, you meant NDA's. I thought those would still allow people to voice an opinion on for example an already released trailer :unsure

So far it has been said or at least hinted at JJ both directing and help out with the writing.
    When they announced one SW film per year I thought YAY and then "WHOA, that is a crap load of work to be done!". Especially when you consider all the others have been separated by at least 3 years.

32. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

If they end up re-using elements, though, it's not quite the burden it would be otherwise. Plus it creates a sense of in-universe visual continuity.