DEBUNKED: The future of theatrical STAR WARS

Westies14

Master Member
UPDATE: Fake, see below.

This image was claimed to have been shot by a staffer as LFL prepped Hall H for their presentation. Is Ewan on board?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436354938.916962.jpg

I also heard a couple weeks ago that Disney was in talks with Garrett Hedlund to take over as an ANH-era Solo. Seems much more reliable information now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355204.923011.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355221.088382.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355244.686381.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436355259.053938.jpg

He's certainly got the look...

Last edited:
Re: SPOILERS: The future of theatrical STAR WARS

Prepped Hall H for a panel two days in advance? Hmmm.

Garrett on the other hand seems right for the part.

A tech test to make sure the project will run properly. Timing isn't so unlikely. Most of all, the layout and design and the photograph itself look very authentic. The photoshopped stuff usually sticks out a lot more!

This image was claimed to have been shot by a staffer as LFL prepped Hall H for their presentation. Is Ewan on board?

View attachment 498390

I also heard a couple weeks ago that Disney was in talks with Garrett Hedlund to take over as an ANH-era Solo. Seems much more reliable information now!

View attachment 498392

View attachment 498393

View attachment 498394

View attachment 498395

He's certainly got the look...

Maybe Disney feels they owe him after canceling Tron 3 ?

Well it's showing mostly known info, so it could be fake or real and still be right.

Mostly known! Solo's film being headlined by Fett is news - and the Kenobi announcement if true is huge! I'd say the parts of this that make it interesting are either true and really big or false and useless - weird line to try and straddle...

A tech test to make sure the project will run properly. Timing isn't so unlikely. Most of all, the layout and design and the photograph itself look very authentic.
Totally, I think it's very likely real. Even for tech testing, it just seemed odd for them to bring that big lineup reveal in the Hall during the prepping stage. But as mentioned most of it is already known. But Fett and Solo being in the same film is news and so is the Kenobi solo movie title.

The Kenobi buzz has been building ever since Ewan said he would be up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno. I'm kinda meh on yet more origin stories or prequels.

Well Rogue One will be the first Anthology film and it would seem to feature all new characters.

The Kenobi buzz has been building ever since Ewan said he would be up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Rogue One will be the first Anthology film and it would seem to feature all new characters.

I meant more the stories about a Young Han Solo film. I mean, it might be good anyway, but I'd rather they focus efforts on newer characters in these anthology films. To me, that's the real value of the anthology series -- you can expand beyond the confines of the OT/PT stories and characters.

I noticed the same thing about the anthology being left out. Maybe cause Kenobi is not a prequel story?

I know this site is not everyone's favorite, but he does point out some odd things about this picture in regards to release dates and that Kenobi is not listed as Anthology.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/07/rumor-photo-leaks-with-all-star-wars-films-due-out-until-2020/

It's like you get a commission from this scumbag's ad revenue. No insights there... The fact that no one knows about or expects this announcement is exactly why it's potentially a newsworthy surprise. Why would we need Jason's reminder that we haven't heard about this yet and that it'd be surprising if this news breaks officially on Friday?

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed the same thing about the anthology being left out. Maybe cause Kenobi is not a prequel story?

The "Anthology" category is just a category, something to allow films outside the standard "Episodes" of the main story. I don't think they'll all read "Anthology" in their titles. The Kenobi film has a subtitle and thus no room to write out its category cleanly, but I imagine it still belongs to that category within Lucasfilm. If anything, I'd believe that the missing "Anthology" layout is further indication that this image is legit. Including it would have been the obvious approach for a fake, I think.

I'd love to see the story of Kenobi living on Tatooine and fighting off sand people etc, trying to stay hidden.

Yeah the subtitle is already long enough, adding Anthology wouldn't go well.

But I just realized those are not Hall H chairs in that photo. The chairs in Hall H don't have armrest nor are they so big. Of course they very well could be prepping it elsewhere and not actually in Hall H. Guess we will find out on Friday.

I would like to see Scott Eastwood play a young Solo! He could add that "Man With No Name" mystery his "Father" established so Long Ago :)

It's like you get a commission from this scumbag's ad revenue. No insights there... The fact that no one knows about or expects this announcement is exactly why it's potentially a newsworthy surprise. Why would we need Jason's reminder that we haven't heard about this yet and that it'd be surprising if this news breaks officially on Friday?

- - - Updated - - -

The "Anthology" category is just a category, something to allow films outside the standard "Episodes" of the main story. I don't think they'll all read "Anthology" in their titles. The Kenobi film has a subtitle and thus no room to write out its category cleanly, but I imagine it still belongs to that category within Lucasfilm. If anything, I'd believe that the missing "Anthology" layout is further indication that this image is legit. Including it would have been the obvious approach for a fake, I think.

Hey, you know what? I really don't appreciate that comment. I thought you were a good guy but now you make it personal? Not cool.

Hey, you know what? I really don't appreciate that comment. I thought you were a good guy but now you make it personal? Not cool.

My apologies; I really didn't mean to insult you. I didn't intend to imply that anyone linking to his site is a scumbag at all, that term was reserved for him. I really don't understand people supporting that site or linking to it when they know what he did though - to me it is like recommending a recaster's eBay auction. It seems like you share everything he posts, and I just don't understand it. I don't dislike you for it and I'm sorry it came off that way.

My apologies; I really didn't mean to insult you. I didn't intend to imply that anyone linking to his site is a scumbag at all, that term was reserved for him. I really don't understand people supporting that site or linking to it when they know what he did though - to me it is like recommending a recaster's eBay auction. It seems like you share everything he posts, and I just don't understand it. I don't dislike you for it and I'm sorry it came off that way.

Simply because it pops up in my Twitter feed first. If another source had popped up first I would have linked that as its germane to this discussion. We're cool. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back