Deathstroke / Injustice (WIP)

Sederus

Sup RPF!

I have been lurking around forums for about year now, I think? After couple random foam build that i made to try and learn things (HUGE thanks to Durkness/Cullencosplay) I finally choose to do full build. I apologize in advance if my english sucks, cos Im from Finland so its not my native language. Im making these as hobby so I wont be spending hundreds of euros for builds, trying to keep it cheap and easy.

But now to the case. My first full build is going to be Deathstroke, cos Im obsessed about character and injustice version seemed quite easy to do as first project. For helmet I used JF customs pep file. I dont have photos from building progress, cos I was too excited and forgot to take them :D, trying to take more pics in future. Anyway helmet is now done and Im looking trough pics to get right shape for shoulders. I got boots, pants and some accessories ready for build, still thinking how I want to do chest piece, for gloves I got couple options waiting. For prop Im making Slades sword, might get gun on back, if I can find one cheap enough.

Criticism and tips are always welcome.

p.s. foam that im using is cheap tour mattress, its kinda wiggly woggly, but does its job,

20140905_004.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Deathstroke / Injustice

Helmet looks good, so you're off to a good start! Looking forward to seeing the rest as you complete it.

Thats nice to hear :)

Anyways did some testing with shoulders and atm I think measurements are fine, need to start shaping it to look more like game model.

20140906_003.jpg

For chest I've been testing around with abs and stuff, still not quite sure about way Im going, atm its going to be something between Batman chest armor and one that Deathstroke has in Arkham origins, well see how it turns out to be looking. Most likely nothing too fancy, cos it ain't part of original injustice model.

20140906_001.jpg

Next thing to do is to build support and straps under the shoulder(s) so I can actually wear them without gluing them to my shirt.

p.s. Sorry with terrible phone pics.

Last edited:

More updates!

I finished right shoulder and started making second one. This is actually first piece i did without any templates or guides, just using ref pics. I think i need to change angle on piece under circle thingy, but I'll see about that after second shoulder is finished. I'm really happy about how all pieces turned out so far.

Shoulder progress (notice lovely flower pattern on mattress)
20140906_004.jpg

Pieces for straps
20140906_007.jpg

Shoulder progress 2
20140906_008.jpg

Shoulder progress 3
20140906_009.jpg

Heres parts so far, also did some testing with abs.
20140907_002.jpg

Next stop after second shoulder will be armbands. Please comment and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

It's looking really good! I actually just started my first build and I hope it looks half as good as yours!

Update

Decided to go with Arkham version of chest armor, see how it looks with other parts. Upper parts looks too narrow, its bent atm, cos this foam is little stubborn. Its really lot wider than it looks like in picture, it just needs to be glued to abs and I need to cut neck piece and parts on top of chest piece.

20140907_008.jpg

Toilet mirror photos ftw! It was kinda hard to take this picture, because shoulders kept falling off (haven't glued straps yet). Strap parts parts below shoulders are off until chest piece is finished, so I can get right angle for them or if they don't fit after that they stay off.
20140907_006.jpg

Next week I'm kinda busy with school, so might be I wont be doing armbands before next weekend.

Until next time!

I did actually have some spare time, so chest piece is just missing top part/collar piece and I finally started making gauntlets. I used TDK batman gauntlet template as base (there's lot of ballpoint pen drawings on other side, some on my hand even :D), also made some test templates for pieces and spikes on top of gauntlet.

Test fitted chest piece with shoulders and it actually looks kinda cool. I think it will work nice if I connect strap parts from shoulders to sides of chest armor. I also need to do some drawings for back armor/sword holder, any suggestions/tips?
20140909_001.jpg20140909_004.jpg

more pics possibly in the evening.

More pics! I'm actually not happy about how openings turned out looking, need to do something about them. Other than that I think they are fine.

20140909_006.jpg20140909_008.jpg20140910_001.jpg20140910_002.jpg

Thanks for comments!

Needed to discard chest armor, because something between test fitting and drawing templates went wrong and chest ended up way too narrow and little bit small. Its back to drawing board for that one.
I started making templates for shin guards, need to do some adjustments still.
Also I'm still figuring out how I want to do back plate + sword holder

Anyway made some pouches for budget reasons.

Bigger one
20140914_002.jpg

Smaller
20140914_004.jpg

Need to start measuring straps and belts.

Sorry for long silence, project has been on hiatus, because con was cancelled and I've been busy with school. Hiatus on this project will probably continue and I will do other stuff meanwhile.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back