DeAgostini Millennium Falcon Full Cutaway Build

Millenniumf,
I stumbled across your outstanding falcon interior art. Pulled me in. Went back to your original posting of over a year ago. Noticed your very specific introductory write-up. Thought I could scratch build. Therefore, the only thing I am qualified to point out is that you certainly “planned your work & then worked your plan.”

The other thing I find outstanding on this site from the veterans who spent years on the MF is that, unlike many in big business management, they know that “you can have a Plan without a schedule, but you can not have a Schedule without a plan.” Sorry for slipping into philosophy.

Missed out on the recent(ish) updates. Blown away by your concept art. Spot on! Any chance you have a Floor Plan drawing to gauge exactly where the drawings fit?

Missed out on the recent(ish) updates. Blown away by your concept art. Spot on! Any chance you have a Floor Plan drawing to gauge exactly where the drawings fit?
Thank you so much!

Yup! It's the official one from Solo: A Star Wars Story. I love the fact that they made the ship have a dedicated engine room and that the engines are beefy, muscle car units which actually look like the ship has some power instead of the wimpy strip of engine mechanics from previous floorplans:

78634-69488-interior-4_1024x1024.jpg

This.
is.
awesome.

If Disney needs modelers for upcoming Solo films, they should be calling you!

Gosh, thank you! I'd be honored if they did, heh! But I'd settle for a mention somewhere on a Disney blog or something. :)

Just so people don't think I've abandoned this project, I'm actually working on some other things at the moment that require my attention, including a couple of commissions. But I'll be getting back to this one after they're all done.

Minor update, but the new job I got has produced some really good materials specifically for this Falcon project. Specifically, tiny little braided steel cables! These I cut off from the main assembly and would throw away, but they look perfect for fuel lines! I went to the hobby store today and got some small scale connectors that will fit them and when I get back to the build I'll be making the fuel manifold.

I've been working on the Falcon but had a rather big setback that was totally preventable. I built the forward cargo receiving anteroom in front of the main hold, and when I tried fitting it into the ship it was a good 1/4" too tall... I really should have built the "box" for the room and fitted it first and then detailed it, but I got it all the way to the finished stage and then decided to see if it fit into the hull. :rolleyes:

So I gotta scrap it and start over, and I've kinda been a bit bummed about having to do that when I already got it built and lit. However, I can at least show off what I have, since it still turned out pretty damn good!

L8vqSyP.jpg

IjkxSDR.jpg

J4B02Ig.jpg

AcmufrJ.jpg

LHwEc3P.jpg

I actually spent quite a long time cutting little rollers for the floor meant to take cargo from the mandible gap and distribute it to the two forward holds:

VF9mFBu.jpg

5CDOFcY.jpg

Q9pUvml.jpg

KUUZix9.jpg

e3GcHdh.jpg

And of course, the floor lights and the door control panels were all done:

fRyqN3p.jpg

But then I went to fit it into the hull...

TVhro8T.jpg

Even after removing the front wall and shaving down the room so it would fit horizontally, it ended up being too tall by quite a bit, meaning I have to basically rebuild it from the ground up. I really should have measured it, lol. It would have been so easy! This forum really needs a head-banging-on-wall emoji... Anyway, much as I love how this turned out from a visual perspective, it's basically going to need to be redone, but at least you get to see it. :)

Falcon scratch built details require rework. Even after using mock-ups when I question calculations and measurements. Good part is rework goes quicker the second time around and usually fits perfectly. You will be happy after the struggle.

Falcon scratch built details require rework. Even after using mock-ups when I question calculations and measurements. Good part is rework goes quicker the second time around and usually fits perfectly. You will be happy after the struggle.
Indeed, I will be. The thing that pains me about this module not fitting in the hull is that I thought I had cut the sheet plastic for the walls and floor at the right size initially, so I just kitted them out with details and painted it without bothering to check fit. Obviously I need to be more careful with measurements in the future, heh. In any case, I've got other projects I'm doing simultaneously with this one and so it'll probably be a while before I make the second version of the freight loading room. It'll definitely be easier, though. :)

Hey, would anyone who didn't put the interior in their Millennium Falcon mind sending me the small support piece from issue 89? I can't find mine, and I'd like to have at least 4 of them to glue under the main concentric corridor and the engineering corridor.

Incredible internal detail work. Particularly like your care in reproducing piping and wall mounted equipment. The cargo floor rollers are awesome. Retrofitting the detail inside the DeAgostini Model structure given the inside structural skeleton and operational features must take a lot of creative thinking as well as skill. Glad your back at this build.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back