Unlimited Run Deadpool movie face shell...(New) belt buckle added

Hey BlackKaos, What's up man? I haven't heard anything from you in a while. Are you still making these? Because I still need/want one...

Yes, I am still making them. I have been having issues with the urethane resin for some reason.

Emersonyahir: Added to the list

Anyone know why urethane resin would stay tacky on the first coat? I have some areas on the masks that look and feel tacky like it didn't cure and it's just in spots when I do the first coating. Any help would be appreciated to get this off the ground and underway.

Hmm. Maybe its something with the mold release. Or maybe it is just a bad batch of resin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OK, AdonisCosplay. Your on the list. I ordered a some Onyx from smooth-on so I will see if that does better then the resin I'm using.

BlackKaos are the belt buckles also urethane rubber? if so, are they strong enough to hold up a belt? It would seem like keeping them 3d printed would make them more ridged. Idk though, haha never done it before.

It will be thick enough to hold up a belt. Shouldn't be any problems.

Just got some black onyx urethane from smooth-on. I'm going to try a couple of casts and see how it goes.

BlackKaos are you only going to be doing these two pieces? or would you do others such as the glove piece that was shown in the Reddit link? Im sure a bunch of us would be interested in those also. Or even the smaller parts like the pieces on his chest or the bands that go around his arms and wrists? just curious

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back