DC Direct vs. Noble Collections Green Lantern MOVIE Battery Discussion

I got mine a few weeks ago and this is a killer prop. DC did this up right. I love the way it looks, feels and operates. I'm very happy with my purchase. And I agree, I'm not sure how Nobel will compete with this unless the only difference is price.

Has the Noble Collection prop been released yet? I hope to see a review of it before ordering one of the two versions (although the DC Direct lantern really looks excellent and I may just order that one anyway).

I have one of the noble ones on order through a reseller. I'm just waiting for it to be shipped.

A couple things I know about it thus far:

Its battery operated--and the seller is telling me that battery replacement is pretty tough..
It does not come with a ring like the DC ones do.

As soon as mine arrives, I take lots of pix for comparison. A friend of mine has the DC version, so I'm hoping to get them side by side.

Nice pictures frosty. As far as I can tell from your pictures the dc direct looks perfect. Only thing I can think of, I don't think ours was as glossy. I can be wrong, I would have to go back and look at our pictures.

Got my Noble Collection lantern last night.

Its VERY different from the DC one.

1) Battery operated with a pushbutton switch on the bottom. The switch is a little finicky, and the light kept flickering.
2) No fancy box, no COA, or even any directions...it was shipped in a plain white box with the Noble Collection website, I haven't figured out how to change the bloody battery yet.
3) Its matte in color, and appears to be casted in resin, but PAINTED black or deep hunter green over a lighter green resin. It really shows when the lantern is lit up.
4) the light is NOT very bright. ---**edit** a few hours later I took apart the light unit so I could check the batteries, and found that the light source is a very cheap un altered LED flashlight that's held in with 1 screw.

I see some modification coming to this thing in the near future, including getting rid of the paint layer, repainting it with a translucent enamel, replacing the interior lighting to make it brighter....

Here's some pictures that I took!

Noble Collection Green Lantern Battery by laserlightcollectibles, on Flickr

The rest of the pictures are here, cause they're kinda big:

Noble Collection GL Battery - a set on Flickr

Last edited:
The Noble version seems to look better than I thought it would, based on their history of mangling replicas. It looks quite similar to the DC Direct replica. However, the cracks on the side lenses looks so cheap compared to the DC lantern :sick

The Noble version seems to look better than I thought it would, based on their history of mangling replicas. It looks quite similar to the DC Direct replica. However, the cracks on the side lenses looks so cheap compared to the DC lantern :sick

Aye, they are definitely different.

The DC side lenses seem to have the cracks all the way through. On the Noble one, they're quite clearly carved right on the top. I'm not sure how I can fix that part of it, unless I were to have someone cast new lenses and pull these out. Not even sure if I can do that.

In the interim, my husband is building a new light setup to put in it, a cylinder of LED lights that are green and are powered from a similar flashlight housing...it should be much brighter.

I'm going to start wetsanding some of that black finish off so that I can get more of the green to show.

I'll take pix as I go along and probably start a WIP thread somewhere to show the mods.

I'm still hoping to get my hands on a DCD one, so that I can have both in my collection.

Anyone know if Noble is still planning on doing a run of rings? I haven't found any info on them since the initial teaser posters... mind you I couldn't find any info on the Noble power batteries either other than on this thread!

Anyone know if Noble is still planning on doing a run of rings? I haven't found any info on them since the initial teaser posters... mind you I couldn't find any info on the Noble power batteries either other than on this thread!

I hadn't heard anything about them doing rings.

I got this Noble lantern off of eBay (from a seller I know is legit--I've bought from him before)...I couldn't find anything on the Noble site either.

What's funny, is that Noble is going to offer these for $150, and even then I was told release dates from Noble direct are September...

The seller put it up with the "best offer" thing, and I talked him down to $134.

:confused

You can get the NC one for $149 with FREE SHIPPING at Green Lantern Movie Power Battery Prop Replica

I like ordering from them. They usually have really good pricing and the free shipping over $50 is usually worth doing business with them. I just got my Kit Fisto FX saber from them today.

I think it is weird NC has nothing on the website. They used to advertise items months prior to them being shipped. Seems like they are dropping the ball on this line.

So far from what I can see, DCD looks like they did a better job. I'm still very interested in seeing one in person. Thanks for posting the pictures BrieKalan2. What kills me is you mentioning they used and modified flashlight as a lightsource? Yikes.

Glad I got the DCD version. The Noble lantern pales in comnparison and I'm not down with all that matte black paint they use on the surface.

Hey, I'm having trouble getting into my Noble Collection Power Battery to change the batteries. Could you possibly tell me how you got into yours? I can't find any screws or anything to take off. Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, they are definitely different.

The DC side lenses seem to have the cracks all the way through. On the Noble one, they're quite clearly carved right on the top. I'm not sure how I can fix that part of it, unless I were to have someone cast new lenses and pull these out. Not even sure if I can do that.

In the interim, my husband is building a new light setup to put in it, a cylinder of LED lights that are green and are powered from a similar flashlight housing...it should be much brighter.

I'm going to start wetsanding some of that black finish off so that I can get more of the green to show.

I'll take pix as I go along and probably start a WIP thread somewhere to show the mods.

I'm still hoping to get my hands on a DCD one, so that I can have both in my collection.

Hey, I'm having trouble getting into my Noble Collection Power Battery to change the batteries. Could you possibly tell me how you got into yours? I can't find any screws or anything to take off. Thanks in advance.

Does the DCD version light up without the ring it comes with?

Also is anybody looking to sell theirs?

Does the DCD version light up without the ring it comes with?

Also is anybody looking to sell theirs?

There's some type of magnetic trigger on the DCD version. I would think either a magnet or piece of metal close enough to the battery should trip the trigger. There isn't a button to simply keep the light on.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back