DC-15s side arm blaster for Republic Commandos

ligonap

Hello together!

I didn't want to believe it at first. Here is the orthogonal direct comparison of the DC-17m and DC-15s from the game data (no manipulation, no perspective view):

DC-17m vs DC15s_800px.jpg

DC17vsDC15s_C.jpg

DC17vsDC15s_A.jpg

DC17vsDC15s_B.jpg

As a part of my RC building, I also have modeled an almost accurate DC-15s pistol by using SolidWorks.

DC-15s_600px.jpg

Dimension: 35.2 x 20.8 x 6.3 cm (13.85 x 8.19 x 2.48 inch) !!

The DC-15s is unbelievable huge.

For a test I generated a Pepakura file and assembled the paper model.

DSCF4400_800px.JPG

After the Pepakura test I got the seven 3D-printed main parts (in polyamide) from VisioTech:

Dscf4522_600px.jpg

Dscf4515_600px.jpg

Dscf4511_450px.jpg

Dscf4508_600px.jpg

Dscf4521_600px.jpg

Dscf4512_450px.jpg

Dscf4513_300px.jpg

For the paint job four layers were applied: Primer - Silver Rim - clear coat - Black silk mat

Dscf4683_600px.jpg

After the painting job, I have divided the electronic components of the blaster into modules.

The board is the heart of the blasters:

IMG_0155.JPG

The board is powered by 9V and can play 1000 8-bit WAV files from a MicroSD card.

To get a shooting-feedback, I have installed a vibration module:

Vibration Motor_600px.jpg

The motor is from a PS2 controller.

For the power-on lamp I used a blue 8mm-360°-LED.

Power-On Light_600px.jpg

The blue muzzle LED (Luxeon 3Watt) and the speaker are mounted in a common module:

Muzzle_Light_600px.jpg

Before reassembling everything looked like this:

Img_0160_600px.jpg

The energy and VU-display consist of eight blue SMD LEDs:

Img_0163_600px.jpg

The blaster now looks like this:

Img_0171_600px.jpg

I have uploaded a longer video clip (about 17 minutes) about the assembly and functionality (15:42 min) on my Youtube channel:
DC-15s side arm blaster - YouTube

Last edited:
That is truly sweet looking pistol. Any chance you still have the STL code? I just picked up a 3D printer for myself and I would love to build that thing on it.

That is truly sweet looking pistol. Any chance you still have the STL code? I just picked up a 3D printer for myself and I would love to build that thing on it.

Sorry, but I will not submit the STL or 3D code for free. For that I have made ​​too many bad experiences. If you want, I could request the printing price for you.

Is there a chance you could give me the pepakura file?I looked around a lot,but never found one and Skips blog doesn't function anymore.:(

Thanks! I have to think of the buy,but thanks! I will keep it in mind.
Do you have made a DC-17m too or only the Dc-15s?

Very nice gun! wish I could wrap my head around all that thee D unfolding/printing stuff. but I'm more of a shove a screw driver in my thumb kinda guy....

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back